Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy Classes, Part II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-classes-part-ii-t222885.html)

matraina 06-03-2013 07:26 AM

Craftsy Classes, Part II

Thanks for all the responses on Craftsy Classes. I signed up for the two mentioned on feathers. Now one more question. I didn't realize these classes were downloads. Do you just keep them on your computer or put them on CD's and label them.

Thanks again.

jcrow 06-03-2013 07:40 AM

I belong to many Craftsy classes and just watch them when I want to. I just go to the Craftsy website when I want to watch one of them. They are yours for life once you buy them. That's the nice thing about buying them. You don't have to put them on DVD. They'll always be there for you. Don't waste your money on DVDs. I've been on Craftsy two years and still have all my classes!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-03-2013 07:44 AM

I'm with Jcrow. No downloading required. No CD's needed. Just go to Craftsy and watch the class whenever the mood strikes. They never go away.

maminstl 06-03-2013 07:46 AM

What you download is class materials - the classes themselves are on-line only (I think)

BellaBoo 06-03-2013 08:05 AM

I have never seen a class there that was downloadable. That would spoil the whole convenience of the classes being online.

PaperPrincess 06-03-2013 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6101337)
I have never seen a class there that was downloadable. That would spoil the whole convenience of the classes being online.

I agree. Look again. is it the class that's a download or the class notes & other materials?

nancysp 06-03-2013 04:01 PM

I watch my classes on my desktop computer and my IPad. I love the 30 second rewind (YouTube doesn't have theis), also the bookmark function.

Some of the classes have quite a few pages to print. So I am keeping them in a 3 ring binder. Make sure you sign up for the 2012 and 2013 BOM classes. They are free and even if you don't make the blocks, you will learn a ton of good stuff.

Cybrarian 06-03-2013 04:23 PM

I have both of the BOM classes with a few other free ones and my purchased ones Now I'm not a sampler quilt type person, love to look at others' work, but making one doesn't appeal to me. However, there are so many other ways to benefit. Using just a couple of the blocks in a quilt or my favorite way is learning the techniques that appeal to me for pillows. I love to switch out pillow covers- I always make mine with the ability to take off and wash. I like to have holiday covers, seasonal and color variety. I keep my walls and furniture neutral so I can completely change the look of a room by changing pillows, throws, accent pieces and artwork. It's very affordable redecorating :). Love my Craftsy classes! One of my smartest quilting purchases I think.

GailG 06-03-2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by nancysp (Post 6102335)
I watch my classes on my desktop computer and my IPad. I love the 30 second rewind (YouTube doesn't have theis), also the bookmark function.

Some of the classes have quite a few pages to print. So I am keeping them in a 3 ring binder. Make sure you sign up for the 2012 and 2013 BOM classes. They are free and even if you don't make the blocks, you will learn a ton of good stuff.

I watched the June free BOM. It's a very informative tutorial on the Lemoine Star. She gives great cutting advice along with marking and stitching hints.

ArlaJo 06-03-2013 05:01 PM

My question (and the reason I haven't bought any classes) is can the class be put on a DVD? My computer and sewing room are a long way apart. I can't see myself running up and down the hall.