Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy Classes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-classes-t185081.html)

JamieQ 04-05-2012 07:34 AM

I am a Craftsy member but didn't get the email. When I sign in, I don't see anything about a sale, and the class prices are still showing from 29.99 - 59.99. I would really like to take a few of thes classes-- particularly the quilting on a small machine.

Anyone have a link or help to offer on getting the sale price?

Thanks!

MamaO2011 04-05-2012 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by JamieQ (Post 5118374)
I am a Craftsy member but didn't get the email. When I sign in, I don't see anything about a sale, and the class prices are still showing from 29.99 - 59.99. I would really like to take a few of thes classes-- particularly the quilting on a small machine.

Anyone have a link or help to offer on getting the sale price?

Thanks!

This is exactly my situation too. I keep all my emails and don't have one from them with this link. And it shows $29.99-59.99 pricing on the site.

Leigh74 04-05-2012 08:30 AM

I received the email so had a direct link. To help JamieQ and Mama02011, I typed craftsy.com into the address bar and my computer automatically signs me in to the site. So, I tried my husband's computer, logged in and the site does NOT show the sale prices. I tried several times with no luck even though the site recognized me as being signed in. I didn't see a "Contact Us" link on the site but the email I received listed this phone number. Maybe you can get help by calling, especially since you are members of Craftsy. Good luck! (888) 979–6769

grocifer 04-05-2012 11:45 AM

If you go to archives and scroll down the links and resources section, there are several posts and links for the 14.99 classes. Hurry, I think it's only good thru Saturday.

MamaO2011 04-05-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by grocifer (Post 5118942)
If you go to archives and scroll down the links and resources section, there are several posts and links for the 14.99 classes. Hurry, I think it's only good thru Saturday.

This worked!! Thanks so much!!!

JamieQ 04-05-2012 12:48 PM

Well, I emailed Craftsy's customer service and got this response:

Thanks so much for your interest in Craftsy! Unfortunately the offer your friend received/you saw posted on the blog was an extremely limited offer we sent out only to members who had been with us for a while who hadn't yet enrolled in a course to let them have the chance to experience a Craftsy course for an extremely low discount. This offer expires in a week and only applies for them.

They sent me a code for One class at $25.

I'm now a LOT less interested in taking a class from them than I was before!

Ruby the Quilter 04-05-2012 01:12 PM

I'm doing the free bom. Good information. Haven't bought one yet but think they would be good.

MamaO2011 04-05-2012 04:15 PM

I got that same exact email JamieQ! Fortunately, I had already utilized the archive link here and gotten my 2 classes. So the joke, I guess, is on them!

franc36 04-05-2012 04:50 PM

I love the Craftsy classes! I like the fact that I can view the lessons as often as I need to. While I don't particularly like the blocks that we have made in the free Block of the Month classes, I have learned so much from making the blocks. I would never have tried English paper piecing; but a after making this month's blocks, I really like that technique. I sign up for the classes when they are on sale and I really think they are worth it for me.

JamieQ 04-05-2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MamaO2011 (Post 5119569)
I got that same exact email JamieQ! Fortunately, I had already utilized the archive link here and gotten my 2 classes. So the joke, I guess, is on them!

Well, they've apparently closed that loophole now too.

Am I the only one who thinks telling potential customers outright that they have somewhat arbitrarily been excluded from a special offer is dreadful PR? If I were in their shoes, I would just send the link to the few people who bothered to Iinquire and increase my sales instead of risking I'll feelings. So some people woul pay $15 instead of $59- they'd probably sign up for classes they would otherwise have passed on.

I will probably direct my business elsewhere now.