Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy quilt kit accuracy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-quilt-kit-accuracy-t280853.html)

Quiltngolfer 07-30-2016 08:19 AM

I have ordered several kits from Craftsy. They have all had plenty of fabric.

lovelyl 07-31-2016 04:44 AM

I just cut out a Craftsy quilt kit called Cat Crazy. I was stunned at how much extra fabric was in the kit! I will be able to make two or three throw pillows out of the extra fabric! I've never been shorted on a Craftsy kit.

Wanabee Quiltin 07-31-2016 05:20 AM

I have recently ordered several kits and while there seems to be an abundance of fabric, the instructions have to be downloaded. I only have a black and white printer and it was near to impossible to distinguish the fabrics. I finally called and explained my problem and they sent it in color. I really like them but I do think it would be better to get color instructions with the quilt fabric, it's all bundled up together. I haven't started a quilt yet as we are in the process of packing but there seems to be quite a bit of fabric. Thanks for this thread and I will check out my fabric soon.

Fizzle 07-31-2016 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7614876)
If possible I buy a fat quarter bundle of the fabric line used in a kit because I will make a new block before ripping it out if I mess up. I usually use the left over fabric in the backing

That's a great idea. Have to admit, I had not thought of that....

junegerbracht 07-31-2016 06:59 AM

I have ordered several kits from Craftsy and always had plenty of fabric. Connecting Threads' kits are generous in my experience. Once I had a problem with Keepsake Quilting - washed the fabric and didn't have a thread to spare.

Skhf 07-31-2016 07:33 AM

I love craftsy but have only ordered one kit from them. It used only jelly rolls of kona fabric. A miscue on a couple diagonal pieces sent me to the store to buy kona yardage. Totally my fault but a few extra strips in the kit sure would have been nice.

Lady Diana 07-31-2016 08:21 AM

Craftsy is wonderful about sending you extra if you need it...just hope it is in stock. I have only received one kit from them where, if I cut according to their instruction, I would not have had enough fabric....took me hours to measure, remeasure....had 1/16th of a sliver left. Phew! All other kits, had left overs.

quiltingbuddy 07-31-2016 08:32 AM

Thanks for the thread. I too have a couple of Craftsy kits in the cabinet and have been worried about having enough fabric. I'm thinking I will try not washing it for the first time ever just in case, and maybe I should get cutting.

Donnasue 07-31-2016 12:42 PM

I haven't ordered one yet, but I have seen several that I love.

MarleneC 07-31-2016 03:22 PM

I haven't had any problems. Even had some left over. Craftsy is very good about answering and dealing with any problems there are with the videos so I trust them with the quilt kits.