Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Creative Bug Please review if you used it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/creative-bug-please-review-if-you-used-t289923.html)

mjpEncinitas 07-26-2017 07:17 AM

Creative Bug Please review if you used it.

Jo-anns is giving a 2 month free membership to Creative Bug. Is this worth pursuing. It has a lot of different craft classes on it. I only quilt but am interested in some of the other stuff.
Were the classes any good?

Normally I just sign up, but many times you have to give a credit card and then I forget to cancel so thought I'd make sure it was something I'd like for two months.

Creative Bug is an online platform similar to Craftsy for classes about a variety of craft topics.

Thanks

QuiltnNan 07-26-2017 07:42 AM

i guess one can't see the list without signing up for the free trial?

quiltingshorttimer 07-26-2017 07:41 PM

I just read somewhere that Jo-Ann's just bought Creative Bug and some other sewing related company--maybe Craftsy?

Jennifer23 07-26-2017 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 7872307)
I just read somewhere that Jo-Ann's just bought Creative Bug and some other sewing related company--maybe Craftsy?

Off topic, but NBC bought Craftsy.

Gay 07-26-2017 08:49 PM

click on 'free' at the top of the page for the free classes

Dolphyngyrl 07-26-2017 09:56 PM

I prefer craftsy and iquilt to creative bug IMHO the they are just better setup and offer more even though craftsy has kind of gone downhill since they started peddling and pushing more product than classes

rvsfan 07-27-2017 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7871811)
Jo-anns is giving a 2 month free membership to Creative Bug. Is this worth pursuing. It has a lot of different craft classes on it. I only quilt but am interested in some of the other stuff.
Were the classes any good?

Normally I just sign up, but many times you have to give a credit card and then I forget to cancel so thought I'd make sure it was something I'd like for two months.

Creative Bug is an online platform similar to Craftsy for classes about a variety of craft topics.

Thanks

I can't find the Creative Bug offer. I'm on the home page of Joanns.com. Also clicked on classes but didn't see it there either. Am I even looking at the right site? I would sure like to look into it if I can just find it. Thanks for your help.

Elise1 07-27-2017 05:56 AM

Here is the Creative Bug offer, https://www.creativebug.com/joann1

Sewnoma 07-27-2017 06:11 AM

I have a personal policy of not handing out my credit card info for any "free" trial. I work in finance and have seen too many people struggle to get stuff like that canceled. I don't give my credit card number to anybody unless I intend to pay them for something. To me, asking for that info for a free trial is bordering on shady. There is zero reason that they need to have that information for a free trial, they're just hoping they can get away with charging you for at least a month or two. I don't trust companies that set things up that way.

SusieQOH 07-27-2017 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 7872559)
I have a personal policy of not handing out my credit card info for any "free" trial. I work in finance and have seen too many people struggle to get stuff like that canceled. I don't give my credit card number to anybody unless I intend to pay them for something. To me, asking for that info for a free trial is bordering on shady. There is zero reason that they need to have that information for a free trial, they're just hoping they can get away with charging you for at least a month or two. I don't trust companies that set things up that way.

Glad you posted this. I also am very suspect about that. Whenever I've read reviews of a certain place (not this one) I read tons by people who can't cancel. Makes me not want to sign up. We all know that in the end, nothing is free :)