Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Creative Bug   Please review if you used it. >

Creative Bug Please review if you used it.

Creative Bug Please review if you used it.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:17 AM

Default Creative Bug Please review if you used it.

Jo-anns is giving a 2 month free membership to Creative Bug. Is this worth pursuing. It has a lot of different craft classes on it. I only quilt but am interested in some of the other stuff.
Were the classes any good?

Normally I just sign up, but many times you have to give a credit card and then I forget to cancel so thought I'd make sure it was something I'd like for two months.

Creative Bug is an online platform similar to Craftsy for classes about a variety of craft topics.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2017, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

i guess one can't see the list without signing up for the free trial?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:41 PM

I just read somewhere that Jo-Ann's just bought Creative Bug and some other sewing related company--maybe Craftsy?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I just read somewhere that Jo-Ann's just bought Creative Bug and some other sewing related company--maybe Craftsy?
Off topic, but NBC bought Craftsy.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Gay

click on 'free' at the top of the page for the free classes
Old 07-26-2017, 09:56 PM

I prefer craftsy and iquilt to creative bug IMHO the they are just better setup and offer more even though craftsy has kind of gone downhill since they started peddling and pushing more product than classes
Old 07-27-2017, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Jo-anns is giving a 2 month free membership to Creative Bug. Is this worth pursuing. It has a lot of different craft classes on it. I only quilt but am interested in some of the other stuff.
Were the classes any good?

Normally I just sign up, but many times you have to give a credit card and then I forget to cancel so thought I'd make sure it was something I'd like for two months.

Creative Bug is an online platform similar to Craftsy for classes about a variety of craft topics.

Thanks
I can't find the Creative Bug offer. I'm on the home page of Joanns.com. Also clicked on classes but didn't see it there either. Am I even looking at the right site? I would sure like to look into it if I can just find it. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 AM

Here is the Creative Bug offer, https://www.creativebug.com/joann1
Old 07-27-2017, 06:11 AM

I have a personal policy of not handing out my credit card info for any "free" trial. I work in finance and have seen too many people struggle to get stuff like that canceled. I don't give my credit card number to anybody unless I intend to pay them for something. To me, asking for that info for a free trial is bordering on shady. There is zero reason that they need to have that information for a free trial, they're just hoping they can get away with charging you for at least a month or two. I don't trust companies that set things up that way.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I have a personal policy of not handing out my credit card info for any "free" trial. I work in finance and have seen too many people struggle to get stuff like that canceled. I don't give my credit card number to anybody unless I intend to pay them for something. To me, asking for that info for a free trial is bordering on shady. There is zero reason that they need to have that information for a free trial, they're just hoping they can get away with charging you for at least a month or two. I don't trust companies that set things up that way.
Glad you posted this. I also am very suspect about that. Whenever I've read reviews of a certain place (not this one) I read tons by people who can't cancel. Makes me not want to sign up. We all know that in the end, nothing is free