Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Crisis averted! LOL! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crisis-averted-lol-t10292.html)

collettakay 08-16-2008 06:32 PM

I almost had a heartattack today! Here's the story if you care to read it....

I ordered cow fabric from bighornquilts.com and received it yesterday. Today the whole family went on an errand run to Wal-mart etc. I took my fabric to get coordinating fabrics at Wal-mart and then put all my fabric in 1 bag and sat it on the floor in the van between the 2 girls. All was well. I was excited and planning out my quilt. Then....

We made a couple other stops and then stopped at Sheetz to get some lunch. After we ate I thought "gee, now's a good time to throw out some of the garbage I had collected from the van and put in an old wal-mart bag." "The garbage can is right here by the door" So I did....

We then went to the video store to rent a movie to watch tonight and when I got back in the van I sat the movies down where I had put my fabric. But...the bag wasn't there...

At first I just thought that it had gotten moved and quickly looked through the van. Then, it hit me....

I had thrown out the bag of fabric with the garbage! :shock:

I made my husband drive back to Sheetz and had the manager help me find my fabric in the garbage. Rubber gloves and all! I was so relieved that we were able to find it. My husband was relieved that he didn't have to climb in the dumpster (the can hadn't been emptied.)

Oh well. There is now a very interesting story behind the quilt-to-be. I just make sure my aunt knows that I've washed the fabric and hope that it doesn't make her shy away from using the quilt.

Thanks for reading and I'm sure laughing if you've made it this far.

mgshaw 08-16-2008 06:36 PM

That is too funny! But I would have done the same thing!! :lol:

CissyQuilts 08-16-2008 06:40 PM

:shock: I'm glad you found your fabric. I'd be willing to go dumpster diving for fabric too.

Moonpi 08-16-2008 06:49 PM

Compulsive cleaning will bite you in the butt every time! Glad it worked out for you.

collettakay 08-16-2008 06:53 PM

The thing is garbage NEVER gets taken out of the van and the one time I did......

Barb M 08-16-2008 07:05 PM

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! lol lol Yeah, that's something i'd do lol lol Thanks sooo much for the laugh, almost 100F today, and sooo needed a laugh :)

zyxquilts 08-16-2008 11:28 PM

I'm so glad the story had a happy ending!!! :D

Celeste 08-16-2008 11:55 PM

Phew!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

barnbum 08-17-2008 04:17 AM

:lol: I'm so glad you let us know it was a happy ending before we started reading. Saved on heart race. :lol:

Craftybug 08-17-2008 04:35 AM

Colleta, the minute I got to the part that you started picking up the garbage in the van I knew what you had done. You are just to funny. Don't feel bad girl, I have done the sane thing inside my house, I start cleaning and putting stuff away and something always ends up in the garbage when is not supposed to.