Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Curve Master Presser Foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/curve-master-presser-foot-t108864.html)

Sewflower 03-19-2011 06:40 AM

Have any of you tried the Curve Master Presser Foot? Saw a video and thought it was interesting but a little pricey for a gadget. Please help this gadgetaholic! Buy it or not

Carrie Jo 03-19-2011 06:48 AM

Iam gonna watch this post. I havebeen thnking about getting one too. I feel your gadgetholic pain...

Terryl 03-19-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sewflower
Have any of you tried the Curve Master Presser Foot? Saw a video and thought it was interesting but a little pricey for a gadget. Please help this gadgetaholic! Buy it or not

I have one. I have not tried it yet, but my friend Marci used it to make the Savannah quilt with it, she said after the first 2 blocks, it was easy peasy to use, just a small learning curve :mrgreen: :mrgreen: pun fully intended.

kathy 03-19-2011 07:05 AM

I have one, made some drunkards path blocks , worked well. later down the road decided to do an orange peel , some went very well. some i had to redo several times. someone on here said you have to use their templates to cut out the pieces but when i bought mine years ago there was no templates mentioned. now it may have been my tracing the cutting out was off. i think i paid around 40$ for mine, when it works right you don't have to pin which is a big time saver

Terryl 03-19-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
I have one, made some drunkards path blocks , worked well. later down the road decided to do an orange peel , some went very well. some i had to redo several times. someone on here said you have to use their templates to cut out the pieces but when i bought mine years ago there was no templates mentioned. now it may have been my tracing the cutting out was off. i think i paid around 40$ for mine, when it works right you don't have to pin which is a big time saver

Mine didn't come with templates either, and mine was purchased in November.

bigdogmom 03-19-2011 07:15 AM

I bought one as an impulse buy at a quilt show after a demo. Never been out of the package!

sassyg 03-19-2011 07:28 AM

There is an excellent youtube video by Julie Herman on using the curvemaster. :lol:

jdiane318 03-19-2011 07:39 AM

The foot is only as good as you are at manuvering your fabric. We are used to holding 2 pieces together, on this, you hold each piece separate and let the foot and machine pull the two pieces together. I have one for my Janome and it really is a help but you just have to change your mindset and habit when piecing.

BellaBoo 03-19-2011 08:02 AM

I have this foot. I used it to make Drunkard's Path blocks and it worked great. It's been a long time since I used it though. I'd have to start all over learning it.

scowlkat 03-19-2011 10:48 AM

I have never used mine either and have had it for several years. Might get it out to try!