Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Curve Master Presser Foot

Blog Entries
    Have any of you tried the Curve Master Presser Foot? Saw a video and thought it was interesting but a little pricey for a gadget. Please help this gadgetaholic! Buy it or not

Iam gonna watch this post. I havebeen thnking about getting one too. I feel your gadgetholic pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sewflower
    Have any of you tried the Curve Master Presser Foot? Saw a video and thought it was interesting but a little pricey for a gadget. Please help this gadgetaholic! Buy it or not
    I have one. I have not tried it yet, but my friend Marci used it to make the Savannah quilt with it, she said after the first 2 blocks, it was easy peasy to use, just a small learning curve :mrgreen: :mrgreen: pun fully intended.

I have one, made some drunkards path blocks , worked well. later down the road decided to do an orange peel , some went very well. some i had to redo several times. someone on here said you have to use their templates to cut out the pieces but when i bought mine years ago there was no templates mentioned. now it may have been my tracing the cutting out was off. i think i paid around 40$ for mine, when it works right you don't have to pin which is a big time saver

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    I have one, made some drunkards path blocks , worked well. later down the road decided to do an orange peel , some went very well. some i had to redo several times. someone on here said you have to use their templates to cut out the pieces but when i bought mine years ago there was no templates mentioned. now it may have been my tracing the cutting out was off. i think i paid around 40$ for mine, when it works right you don't have to pin which is a big time saver
    Mine didn't come with templates either, and mine was purchased in November.

I bought one as an impulse buy at a quilt show after a demo. Never been out of the package!

There is an excellent youtube video by Julie Herman on using the curvemaster. :lol:

The foot is only as good as you are at manuvering your fabric. We are used to holding 2 pieces together, on this, you hold each piece separate and let the foot and machine pull the two pieces together. I have one for my Janome and it really is a help but you just have to change your mindset and habit when piecing.

Blog Entries
    I have this foot. I used it to make Drunkard's Path blocks and it worked great. It's been a long time since I used it though. I'd have to start all over learning it.

Blog Entries
    I have never used mine either and have had it for several years. Might get it out to try!

I just bought one but won't be needing to use it for a while yet. I wanted to have it here ready when I needed it

I bought one in Paducah several years ago and it does work. As with Terryl's friend, Marci--after the first couple blocks it is easy.

I saw a lady on Simply Quilts years ago that uses her regular 1/4" foot the same way the Curvemaster works. Hold top piece in left hand--bottom in right and keep edges of them both just touching the guide on the 1/4" foot. She also made sure the outside curve is on bottom and inside curve is on the top as it is stretchier so you can pull if needed. She called them pie & ice cream. Pie is the partial circle and the ice cream goes on top.

The lady at Paducah that was selling them the year I bought mine was using it to piece Dresden Plates. She was sewing the blades onto the background fabric & then sewing the blades together. Fascinating to watch her.

I believe the Curvemaster is also a 1/4" foot and it comes with the adapters for most brands of sewing machines so you get 2 feet for the price of one.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the help. Haven't decided yet but knowing the gadgetaholic in me I won't be able to resist. LOL