Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cutting Table from Hayneedle Watch out (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutting-table-hayneedle-watch-out-t64707.html)

tess10 09-14-2010 10:07 AM

I ordered a new cutting table from Hayneedle/Roberts Mfg. on August 13th...... the drama continues 30 days later. It took weeks for my order to arrive and upon opening the box the colors on the table top where covered with black scrape marks and the one edge was badly smashed. This is the top center piece with broken edges where the fabric would be drawn across and the laminate broken off and edges extending up off surface.

I called Hay needle and asked for a replacement top. I now had to box up a almost 70 lb box and get it ready for return. Days and days went by with no response from Hay needle's customer service.

Finally almost 2 more weeks the new top arrived and I began to try and assemble the table. The new top arrived damaged almost worse then the lst shippment, but decided I just wanted to get it assembled and live with it. Over $400.00 I don't think I should just settle but due to the stress and lack of communication from Hay Needle decided to just roll over and put it behind me.

The assembly was going ok untill I was missing 2 wooden table legs, and the 2 metal legs. Now I can't finish and have been waitting now 30 days.

I called Hay Needle and explained the missing parts and oh, since your shipping the missing parts how about a new center table section? Was adjusted that nothing could be done until Roberts responded to them. Now another week has gone by with now response from Hay Needle.

Yesterday I get no phone call, just an e-mail with an attached pickup label to send everything back. Mind you one label for 82 lbs to be put on a pallet! I disposed of all card board etc. I called and asked if this meant they were not going to send the missing parts. The answer was Roberts only ships one replacement order.

This has been one of the most frustrating on line purchases I have ever made compounded by a total lack of customer service on the part of Hay Needle.

Avoid this supplier if at all possible. I think I will go to Joann Fabrics and buy a table at 25% of the cost and probably undamaged and maybe even with all the pieces

Just very frustrated at this point

craftybear 09-14-2010 10:11 AM

that is terrible, I hope you get it resolved soon!

amma 09-14-2010 10:26 AM

I am so sorry to hear this :(

ssgramma 09-14-2010 10:29 AM

If you put it on a credit card then call your card company and dispute the charge!

bearisgray 09-14-2010 10:35 AM

Frustration compounded.

Quilter7x 09-14-2010 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
If you put it on a credit card then call your card company and dispute the charge!

That's a great thought!

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, not once - but twice! I have one of the tables from Jo Ann's. Although it isn't the sturdiest thing I've ever worked on, it is very convenient to tuck it away and pull it out to have a nice big surface to use. I would recommend their table to anyone (the one where the two leaves fold down on each side).

tess10 09-14-2010 11:00 AM

The most frustrating thing is the total lack of response, solutions or care from Hay Needle

Colbaltjars62 09-14-2010 11:01 AM

Tess I am sorry for your frustration.
Who is it being shipped through? Fed Ex or UPS? If it is one of them, try contacting them and see if you have any recourse through them since they are the one's shipping and damaging it. It is not their Policy to "BLOW-OFF" customers that receive damaged goods. If it is not one of them contact the shipper and ask what kind of damage policy they have.
Since the product is valued at over $400. there should have been insurance on it. Most shippers automatically add that to the shipping costs. You can also file a claim through the shipper.
Hope this helps. When you finally get it straightened out we'd love to see it set up in your sewing room.
Faith :lol:
:XD:

tess10 09-14-2010 11:05 AM

It has been more than a month now..... the total lack of help from Hay Needle I will find cardboard and shipping supplies and send it back.

I don't need this many problems and a company that totally does not care. This was a large purchase for me in this economy and should have been a good experience.

Prism99 09-14-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma

You need to put the dispute in writing in order for the credit card company to be able to honor it. It's very simple to do. Just look on the back of any statement for that particular card; the instructions should be there. There is a time limit on a dispute, so you would want to do this right away.