Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/david-went-check-out-june-tailor-shape-cut-ruler%3D-perfect-strips-t104132.html)

Barb_MO 03-02-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by KaterTot
I've had one for years, and I always, always get the wobble, or indent, where the fabric fold is. I PRESS down as hard as I can when I cut through that area, too, but it never works and I get that slight "hourglass" shape in my strips where the fold is :(

Are you laying the ruler with the line on the fold, with the starting slot down below where you insert your rotary blade? Where you end the cut show extend past your fabric also. I noticed on the demo video that the lady was running the rotary blade all the way to the end of the ruler, not stopping when she got through the fabric.

grann of 6 03-02-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dcamarote

Originally Posted by dcamarote

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D

Please someone out there help me. You are all raving about this ruler and I have no idea what it is??? Could someone please let me know what is called(what type of ruler) and why and what you do with it that is different from other rulers. I can't figure it out from the photo.
Thanks, Helpless in Garnet Valley, PA

I can't thank you enough. I watched the video and what a great idea. I never knew this ruler existed and now I am determined to have one. Without your sharing and everyone else's input, I would be older but not WISER! Thanks so much.
Diane - Clueless no longer

Well, not am I older and wiser now, I am also poorer. I just ordered the 2 bigger ones from nancysnotions.com. Of course I had to order a couple other things since I was ordering.

newfie 03-02-2011 03:24 PM

i just love the one i have.

martyquilter 03-02-2011 03:39 PM

Wow just watched the video.. I think I have one of these rulers somewhere!!! gotta go find it now!! thanks ladies

Olivia's Grammy 03-02-2011 03:51 PM

But there is a line for a 1/4" add-on. Suppose you want to cut 2 1/4" width. Line up the edge of your fabric on the "dashed" line to the right (or left) of the "0" slit then cut at 2".

Dakotamaid, what a good idea! Thanks

All I can say about this to myself if "DUH" Why didn't I think of that. What a great idea. I usually get the smaller one when I need to cut 1/4".

Olivia's Grammy 03-02-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
I have three. Wouldn't be without any of them. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

Wonder if we could get evenly sliced bread with it. :lol:

quiltingfan 03-02-2011 04:01 PM

Sorry but I don't get it. What is so different about this ruler? I can't see by the pic what I am looking at.

quiltingfan 03-02-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
Sorry but I don't get it. What is so different about this ruler? I can't see by the pic what I am looking at.

Ok Sorry should have read all 5 pg. before I posted. will go back to pg 3 and check out the video.

nevrn 03-02-2011 04:04 PM

I just got the larger one, and I love it for cutting strips! I won't have to invest in a strip cutter for my Go Baby now.

kathyquilter34 03-02-2011 04:44 PM

Sue please post a picture of one of your blocks when finished..your fabric is out of this world..beautiful..