Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dear Janes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dear-janes-t29318.html)

Rose Marie 11-27-2009 06:07 AM

My local quilt shop is having a class for DJ but it is for hand sewing.
I have never done hand sewing so am leary of signing up. It is cheap at 40 dollars for the whole series of classes.

kluedesigns 11-27-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I also see where a company in Australia is selling the machine embroidery pieces to do one in all embroidery. Interesting!

i know!!

i really, really, really want them but it is sooo expensive

kluedesigns 11-27-2009 11:26 AM

yes, you wouldn't use the quilt. i don't know anyone who has made a jane and actually uses it to sleep with - its too much work to make.

Brazen 11-28-2009 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Can't you send the ebay seller a question and ask what line the fabric is from ? I would aslo be interested in knowing :lol:

Hey Sharon, here is the reply from the ebay seller. I think I'm going to get her bundle!

HI:
The fabrics in the 200 fat 16th packets are by
Marcus (Rothermel), Peter Pan, Moda, FabriQuilt, SSI, Kona Bay etc.
All are from quality Companies,
I had a fabric shop for many years, these are from the late 1990s-early 2000s, When ?Poison Greens? and ? Double Pinks? were popular
This fabric has not been available for several years and my supply is limited
Thank you for your interest.

yourstrulyquilts 11-28-2009 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Brazen

Originally Posted by sharon b
Can't you send the ebay seller a question and ask what line the fabric is from ? I would aslo be interested in knowing :lol:

Hey Sharon, here is the reply from the ebay seller. I think I'm going to get her bundle!

HI:
The fabrics in the 200 fat 16th packets are by
Marcus (Rothermel), Peter Pan, Moda, FabriQuilt, SSI, Kona Bay etc.
All are from quality Companies,
I had a fabric shop for many years, these are from the late 1990s-early 2000s, When ?Poison Greens? and ? Double Pinks? were popular
This fabric has not been available for several years and my supply is limited
Thank you for your interest.

Hey, everyone, I know where you can get poison green, cheddar, and dbl pink. The shop is called Grandma;s Attic; put a dot com and you have her website. She specializes in repros from 19th century. Also, www.reproductionfacrics.com- will get you even more. Lotsa luck!! YTQ

bearisgray 11-28-2009 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
My local quilt shop is having a class for DJ but it is for hand sewing.
I have never done hand sewing so am leary of signing up. It is cheap at 40 dollars for the whole series of classes.

It's kind of fun to have a little "take-along" project for those hurry up and wait situations.

I think it would be worth taking the class. Jinny Beyer said she hand pieces almost all of her quilts while traveling (before 9/11 anyway)

yourstrulyquilts 11-28-2009 09:48 AM

Hand sewing is SEWWWWW fun! and it's addicting, too. I love doing my Jane that way. go for it; you can always change to machine if you don't like it.

bearisgray 11-28-2009 10:01 AM

for some of the blocks, I think it's easier to hand sew them

kosmos 11-28-2009 12:03 PM

My first Dear Jane was hand pieces. Now I'm looking forward to machine pieceing after the first.

sharon b 11-28-2009 03:04 PM

Thanks for the answer I haven't received an answer yet, but I will go check on ebay and see if it just didn't make it to my email :?