Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Debbie Inspired!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/debbie-inspired-t101687.html)

mommamac 02-21-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
I am soooo envious of those of you that have a stash like this!!!!

me too!!

littlehud 02-21-2011 11:14 AM

Wow, you are making progress. I still keep saying I'm going to organize mine. Haven't done it yet though.

debbieumphress 02-21-2011 11:18 AM

I had to come back and drool over your fabrics. LOL. Isn't this fun. It's like peeking in someone's window. DOn't forget, tonight is Peter Walsh.

Midwestmary 02-21-2011 11:19 AM

I see some pretty fabrics ;) !!!

jillaine 02-21-2011 11:23 AM

are we really quilters, or are we fabric addicts?

oh... right... it's not an "or"... it's an "and"... !!!

I spent most of today on the floor of my sewing room, re-organizing my fabrics. I do this maybe once every year or two. I use those wire basket/drawer systems that I stack in a closet.

I'm procrastinating on the completion of a challenge quilt top I've been working on (and not working on) for over a couple of years.

Crafty Lady in WA 02-21-2011 11:37 AM

wow, you gals are making me want to fix mine up. it needs painted first tho.

emsgranny 02-21-2011 11:40 AM

Yes a trade for sure lol - I already have some stuff pulled out just for you in mind lol - At least we arent adding to our fabric just switching out right??? That justifies it I think lol

We best keep going. You have been working on yours a lot less time than me though - mine has been since my last big sale lol Not telling when that was lol

debbieumphress 02-21-2011 11:50 AM

I have to take a break today. Been outside haulingb rush to the back yard hubby trimmed and tonight is guild meeting. SO no progress today. LOL. Have fun

emsgranny 02-21-2011 04:35 PM

I have to admit I only started "quilting a couple of years ago. I made my first quilt for my sister who was moving into a large house and she had a guest room. She is crazy about turtles so with the help of her MIL who told me how to measure etc I did my first quilt for her!! Had it machine quilted - made pillow sham and even a topper for her dresser! I of course didnt take any pictures of the quilts I have made. I do have one here somewhere that I made - it was my second I think. My sister is supposed to send me pics of the two quilts that have been sent her way but guess what - nothing yet lol I have two I put up for sale here so I cant post them under new rules anywhere else??? And two more that are at my daughters to be quilted. I have 3 cut out - all simple quilts believe me!!
so I do sew but havent for awhile. I have done several bindings on prequilted panels.

I do get some done lol but I sure do love to shop!! I have very addictive personality - no joke so I think I will stick with this one now. I have alot invested and as long as my tremors stayat a minuimum and my eyesight holds out I love doing this - I think I am better at picking out fabrics and matching them than actually sewing lol

susie-susie-susie 02-21-2011 04:51 PM

I am impressed with your collection. Last year I cleaned out my stash and gave a lot of fabric away. I gave it to 2 new quilters and they were so grateful. When I started to go through my stash, there were a lot of fabrics that made me ask "what were you thinking"? Some of the selvages had dates on them and were over 10 years old. lol I figured if I hadn't used them in 10 years, I was probably never going to use them.
Sue