Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Deb's Sewing room Update.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/debs-sewing-room-update-t107374.html)

debbieumphress 03-15-2011 07:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, I am reading all the great comments and so glad most like the red. Especially the one buying stock in red paint. I lvoe that color. Love to see more rooms on here before during, now, or after. LOL. Lots of comments on my sewing machine being slanted too. It's called a Sewing lifter , look in classified. I posted it on here but it "disappeared". Sorry.

Here it is again. It's also on pg 7. You can go to the post in classifieds and see other comments. Thanks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170069[/ATTACH]

Jooeysnana posted hers in pecan color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170104[/ATTACH]

debbieumphress 03-15-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Charley
WOW! What a transformation! Great job! My sewing room is a disaster also and overwhelming at times. I have tried to figure out how I can rearrange the furniture to make better use of the space, but have not tried it out, only in my head. I think I need someone to kick me in the butt.
BTW, What are your rooms measurements?

Room is 18 x 18

I fold my fabrics on comic book boards up to 1 yard, the others are folded period. LOL

vschieve 03-15-2011 07:27 AM

Curious-which Husq Viking do you have there?

Montana Quilter 03-15-2011 07:42 AM

Hi -Your sewing room looks great!! I notice you have your sewing machine on a wedge platform so it is tilted towards you-why is that??

debbieumphress 03-15-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by vschieve
Curious-which Husq Viking do you have there?

That picture was taken by Sheila Elaine. YOu can pm her. I have no idea. LOL.

debbieumphress 03-15-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
Hi -Your sewing room looks great!! I notice you have your sewing machine on a wedge platform so it is tilted towards you-why is that??

So many interested in my slanting sewing lifter. LOL. You can buy them in plastic too but $$$. SO I had my hubby make me one, no pattern and he does so well. When I sew, it tilts the machine towards me so I can see while sitting back and not having to peak over the machine. Helps me see better. There is a lip that holds the machine on so it is stable. It does not wiggle or move and is very sturdy. I love mine.
They are 12" by 18" and longer. This 12" tilt makes it just right so your machine won't fall forward. Took a few "samples" to get it just right. Thank you dear hubby. ♥♥

dreamer2009 03-15-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter

So many interested in my slanting sewing lifter. LOL. You can buy them in plastic too but $$$. SO I had my hubby make me one, no pattern and he does so well. When I sew, it tilts the machine towards me so I can see while sitting back and not having to peak over the machine. Helps me see better. There is a lip that holds the machine on so it is stable. It does not wiggle or move and is very sturdy. I love mine.
They are 12" by 18" and longer. This 12" tilt makes it just right so your machine won't fall forward. Took a few "samples" to get it just right. Thank you dear hubby. ♥♥

I L*O*V*E mine also and Debbie does not pay me to say this !!

WI Rose 03-15-2011 02:03 PM

It looks great. Good job.

cjr 03-15-2011 03:13 PM

Good job Debbie. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Quiltbin 03-15-2011 03:44 PM

It looks very nice! You have really made progress!!