Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Depressed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/depressed-t84332.html)

HisPatchwork 12-23-2010 05:42 AM

I can relate! I have a bow tuck bag to make for a friend. {she is giving it as a gift} I got started yesterday morning, and I could not find my pattern! I was so aggravated! I finally found it late in the day.....on my computer table!!! right on top!!!!! Guess I should have been here looking at the board... I might have looked over and saw it laying there! {less than 12" from the mouse}

Connie Merritt 12-23-2010 02:10 PM

Time to call in the troups; St. Anthony do your stuff and find her angels. Gabriel two of your angels are missing put out an APB and help find them. Gather round quilters and chant "Angels come to me, Angels come to me". Who knows it may work. Please let us know if they show up. Prayers are on the way.

queendaria 12-24-2010 09:19 AM

We are all feeling your pain. Here's my story: Can't find my diamond engagement ring. Really lovely rock bought 46 years ago by my darling husband. I have looked everywhere, prayed to St. Anthony (even though I'm a Presbyterian!), and have cleaned out all the closets. I never take it off willy-nilly because it was a tight fit. I think of it every single day and hope that it will magically appear. Can't wait to see your post one day saying you found those angels.

kathidahl 12-24-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by queendaria
We are all feeling your pain. Here's my story: Can't find my diamond engagement ring. Really lovely rock bought 46 years ago by my darling husband. I have looked everywhere, prayed to St. Anthony (even though I'm a Presbyterian!), and have cleaned out all the closets. I never take it off willy-nilly because it was a tight fit. I think of it every single day and hope that it will magically appear. Can't wait to see your post one day saying you found those angels.

That is heart breaking!

nursie76 12-24-2010 12:40 PM

Kathidahl - so sorry to hear about your ring. I will pray for you. One Thanksgiving, I realized just as we were sitting down to dinner, rings were missing. No problem, I had taken them off to mix the stuffing and put them right in the corner of the dish cupboard. BUT when I went to get it my wedding band was there, but not my. I was devastated and didn't enjoy the dinner at all. Later that night my DH sat down to finish off a bag of hard pretzels. Normally he just tosses the salt at the bottom of the bag out, but this time he decided to have just a tiny bit...there in the bottom of the bag was my diamond! I guess the bag was sitting on the counter under the cabinet while dinner was being prepared and when pulling out plates it must have fallen out. Wow! I was very relieved. I remember years ago, my mother lost the diamond out of her ring....I finally found it on the floor in the family room. Hopefully your story will have a happy ending too.

nursie76 12-24-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Kathidahl - so sorry to hear about your ring. I will pray for you. One Thanksgiving, I realized just as we were sitting down to dinner, rings were missing. No problem, I had taken them off to mix the stuffing and put them right in the corner of the dish cupboard. BUT when I went to get it my wedding band was there, but not my. I was devastated and didn't enjoy the dinner at all. Later that night my DH sat down to finish off a bag of hard pretzels. Normally he just tosses the salt at the bottom of the bag out, but this time he decided to have just a tiny bit...there in the bottom of the bag was my diamond! I guess the bag was sitting on the counter under the cabinet while dinner was being prepared and when pulling out plates it must have fallen out. Wow! I was very relieved. I remember years ago, my mother lost the diamond out of her ring....I finally found it on the floor in the family room. Hopefully your story will have a happy ending too.

Opps! Sorry kathidahl, it was queen daria that lost her diamond, you were just quoting her. I apologize. That's what I get for trying to multi task! :oops: