Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH saw the news tonight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-saw-news-tonight-t99824.html)

BellaBoo 02-14-2011 05:24 PM

Lord, the clulessness of many DH's. LOL. I still smile when I think about the time I left a big stack of Moda fat quarters on the kitchen counter and DH asked me if I was going to use all those rags as he could use some in his shop.

Cyn 02-14-2011 05:25 PM

lol

xsquilter 02-14-2011 07:00 PM

Ronna, what a good idea "re-purposing" the kids clothes! I'll have to remember that.
Maureen

jaciqltznok 02-14-2011 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hehe..show him this pix of my room...and tell him that THIS is not even all of the fabric I own!

BETTY62 02-14-2011 08:15 PM

Now that's funny. LOL

sewingsuz 02-14-2011 08:31 PM

I was in JoAnns this afternoon about 4:30 and there was no one in there. Everything is so High priced I cannot believe it. I got clover pencils and a new healing cutting mat and some cotton rements at 50 percemt off, thread for surger.

cjomomma 02-14-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Lord, the clulessness of many DH's. LOL. I still smile when I think about the time I left a big stack of Moda fat quarters on the kitchen counter and DH asked me if I was going to use all those rags as he could use some in his shop.

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!

Airwick156 02-14-2011 08:37 PM

OMG LORD. I sure hope that you said "yes you were using all of them and for him to go and find his own rags" lol.
Men just don't understand the difference between Rags and Fabric....lol

np3 02-14-2011 08:39 PM

Be careful what you leave on the counters! :lol:

peggymunday 02-14-2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by RkayD
I get discouraged by the cost of some of the fabric. BUT ~ I do have lots of clothes that my kids are outgrowing at the rate of a bad weed and am looking more internal for scrap fabric building. If its not pure cotton it will be backed with interfacing. One way or another I will keep sewing and creating. =)

In the same theme... I visit a thrift store in Caruthersville, MO on a regular basis that offers large garbage bags of clothes for only $1. You can pick from several bins (about 8 large Rubbermaid type bins on my last visit) to fill up the garbage bag. But, this is anything but garbage! I'm digging and finding all kinds of beautiful fabrics (in the form of clothes and sometimes pieces of sheeting or curtain) that can be repurposed in my quilting endeavors. Stuffed full to take home and add to my stash. Love a great bargain!