Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH is so funny. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-so-funny-t180059.html)

cowpie2 02-20-2012 10:29 AM

DH is so funny.

1 Attachment(s)
I had my progress all spread out in the livingroom for my GFG this weekend to see how the colors were flowing and what I might be short on color wise. My DH appropriately oohed and ahhed. He likes the fabrics they remind him of his grandmother. Then he says, "looks like you are almost done, do you think you could finish this and make another one with the same fabrics but smaller pieces, kind of a mini replica for our granddaughter to have this fall?"

Since he is so supportive and never questions my fabric shopping or anything I just smiled and said, well they do take a while so I'm not sure when I'll finish, but I'll work on that after I finish this one.

Sometimes their hearts are so in the right place you just can't scold them.

Tartan 02-20-2012 10:35 AM

It looking beautiful. You could maybe get that top finished by fall? Another one with smaller pieces? Not in this lifetime! Usually you see the connecting hexagons in a light colour but I must say, "I'm liking it with the darker colour of your rug under it."

vivianv 02-20-2012 10:35 AM

I think it is going to be just beautiful. No wonder he wanted it duplicated!!

Phyldar 02-20-2012 10:49 AM

You're quilt so far is gorgeous! I'm with Tartan, I like the darker color of the rug under it - in fact, I didn't even realize it was a rug until I read her reply *Ü* You're DH's request did give me a chuckle - sometimes non-quilters haven't a clue of what it takes.

QuiltE 02-20-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4991878)
It looking beautiful. You could maybe get that top finished by fall? Another one with smaller pieces? Not in this lifetime! Usually you see the connecting hexagons in a light colour but I must say, "I'm liking it with the darker colour of your rug under it."

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! I even like the pattern in the rug showing thru with it. Kind of like flowers amidst a dark foliage!

Keep him humoured!! :)

ksdot417 02-20-2012 11:26 AM

Beautiful blocks. I had to smile about what your husband said. My husband and I were invited to a wedding. About a week out he said, "Why don't you just whip out a quilt for them?" I told him, first of all, you don't just 'whip' out a quilt and secondly, I didn't like them that well. They mean well.

yngldy 02-20-2012 11:45 AM

Seeing the black background makes me want to make one now. Thanks a lot!! (tee hee) Very pretty.

babyboomerquilter 02-20-2012 11:58 AM

Your quilt looks stunning! Sure just whip up another one, no problem! LOL! Husbands are too funny!

QuiltnNan 02-20-2012 12:11 PM

looks great so far.

Jim's Gem 02-20-2012 12:54 PM

It is looking beautiful!!!! Men are so funny some times. Sure dear, I'll whip that up next week!! HAH!!!!