Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: DH is so funny.

Smile DH is so funny.

I had my progress all spread out in the livingroom for my GFG this weekend to see how the colors were flowing and what I might be short on color wise. My DH appropriately oohed and ahhed. He likes the fabrics they remind him of his grandmother. Then he says, "looks like you are almost done, do you think you could finish this and make another one with the same fabrics but smaller pieces, kind of a mini replica for our granddaughter to have this fall?"

Since he is so supportive and never questions my fabric shopping or anything I just smiled and said, well they do take a while so I'm not sure when I'll finish, but I'll work on that after I finish this one.

Sometimes their hearts are so in the right place you just can't scold them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    It looking beautiful. You could maybe get that top finished by fall? Another one with smaller pieces? Not in this lifetime! Usually you see the connecting hexagons in a light colour but I must say, "I'm liking it with the darker colour of your rug under it."

I think it is going to be just beautiful. No wonder he wanted it duplicated!!

You're quilt so far is gorgeous! I'm with Tartan, I like the darker color of the rug under it - in fact, I didn't even realize it was a rug until I read her reply ** You're DH's request did give me a chuckle - sometimes non-quilters haven't a clue of what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    It looking beautiful. You could maybe get that top finished by fall? Another one with smaller pieces? Not in this lifetime! Usually you see the connecting hexagons in a light colour but I must say, "I'm liking it with the darker colour of your rug under it."

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! I even like the pattern in the rug showing thru with it. Kind of like flowers amidst a dark foliage!

Keep him humoured!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Beautiful blocks. I had to smile about what your husband said. My husband and I were invited to a wedding. About a week out he said, "Why don't you just whip out a quilt for them?" I told him, first of all, you don't just 'whip' out a quilt and secondly, I didn't like them that well. They mean well.

Seeing the black background makes me want to make one now. Thanks a lot!! (tee hee) Very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Your quilt looks stunning! Sure just whip up another one, no problem! LOL! Husbands are too funny!
    Bonnie

Blog Entries
    looks great so far.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

It is looking beautiful!!!! Men are so funny some times. Sure dear, I'll whip that up next week!! HAH!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    So beautiful. I have a small one almost finished.
    Previously known as McQuilter, Jan 22, 2009 with 1,400 + posts
    Today, I am as old as I have ever been.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

First your quilt is more than lovely. I have handquilted a bed size one and that took me the longest of any quilt I ever quilted. I would not even attempt to make one from scratch let alone two. Just for laughs tell your husband he, personally, can build you an addition to your house for your quilting while you make the second quilt. If he acts surprised tell him they should both be completed about the same time.
    Trying to sew, quilt or read everyday.

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful and I also like the dark colour behind. It really makes it pop

Blog Entries
    It is so beautiful and it is nice that your hubby appreciates your work. I love it, makes me want to do one, but I know it is a project that would take me years to finish, my attention span is not that great.

Absolutely gorgeous! I like the rug behind it too, but I'm sure it will look equally lovely if you use the traditional light fabric. So... which will it be???

I like the colours also. My husband knows better than to ask for that though since he has watched the slow progress of my Hand EPP GFG. I can't find my camera cord to upload a current photo but here is an older shot of mine. As you can see, I like the black pathways! Ack! Can't get my photo to upload but my flowers have a black centre, pastel first row, jewel tone outer row and then a black pathway with pink, yellow, blue and green.

I even took basted hexies to Jamaica in December and sewed flowers together on the beach and poolside. I came home with twelve flowers and their pathways ready to be sewn on to the main quilt. Lots of fun. And when you have two young children and a hectic schedule like mine, that was a speed record. I never have time like that. I started basting on May 22 2011, I am nearing halfway finished. Mine is 1" hexies and will be a deep queen. Maybe the size of a king but meant to actually cover the ultra deep queen mattresses you buy these days.

Tara
    Last edited by Mo_Chride; 02-20-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: add photo

Blog Entries
    love the dark background.

Blog Entries
    The dark color behind make those flowers just pop out at you. I love it!!

Your hexes are really beautiful! I like them on the dark also, although I'm sure they'd be pretty on anything. Maybe you can make several more to see which you like best.....just kidding!

It's looking beautiful!

Don't you just the hubbers that take an interest in the quilts? As long as I promise we can 'lunch out', dh will go to as many quilts as far away as my little heart desires.

Have fun and make sure you show us the finished product.

Best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

It is looking really beautiful!

love the colors! and agree with others with the darker connecting colors. Thank goodness your DH loves your work!

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Love the colors
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Oohing and Aahing is right! That is very nice. GFG isn't a favorite of mine but I sure like yours! I like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpie2 View Post
    I had my progress all spread out in the livingroom for my GFG this weekend to see how the colors were flowing and what I might be short on color wise. My DH appropriately oohed and ahhed. He likes the fabrics they remind him of his grandmother. Then he says, "looks like you are almost done, do you think you could finish this and make another one with the same fabrics but smaller pieces, kind of a mini replica for our granddaughter to have this fall?"

Since he is so supportive and never questions my fabric shopping or anything I just smiled and said, well they do take a while so I'm not sure when I'll finish, but I'll work on that after I finish this one.

Sometimes their hearts are so in the right place you just can't scold them.

Blog Entries
    Lovely colors and I agree with above posts, it does look good with darker color behind it. Hubbys just don't have a clue. Mine keeps asking when I'm going to get done. Never!!!
    sew1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast