Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH is so funny. >

DH is so funny.

DH is so funny.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:10 AM

I love your hexie flowers, and sure, just make another by fall!!! With smaller hexies no less!! What size hexies are these? I'm guessing 1 inch? I just yesterday started the binding on a queen size GFG. Said to DH, "almost done. just the binding now" he said, "its about time. you've been at it for six months!" Well, actually, its been more than 6 months if it were all told, but I started the quilting on Jan. 15, 2012. That was when it started setting in the front room in a frame. It is a wedding gift for a DGS. It is the
2nd GFG I have done. The other will also be a wedding gift for another DGS. Both weddings this summer.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 AM

What a pretty quilt - and I too like the rug, although I didn't realize it was a rug for a while until someone else pointed it out.

DH and other non-quilters don't get it but their hearts are in the right place.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:18 AM

I am lucky, my DH does understand the time that goes into a quilt and because I mostly hand quilt he has heard me say often enough 6-12 months to complete a quilt. So when he asked me he was well within the 6 month window. Actually the timing worked out well, because now I am in the process of putting the path between my flowers and it is nice to have a couple of different things to work on at once. My flowers are 1 1/2 inch hexis and now that I am adding the path it is too large to be a carry along project. So I bring my granddaughters with that I just started and am currently basting the fabric to the templates and using 1" hexis.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 AM

I'm so glad you posted a picture. This is one of the quilts in my bucket list but I've been avoiding it because I couldn't visualize how the colors work together. I love your colors - you have inspired me!