Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did I make a huge mistake??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-i-make-huge-mistake-t271762.html)

justnananettie 11-01-2015 03:33 PM

I appreciate all the positive comments. Yes I purchased from the Bernina dealer and yes I am taking the classes. I can't get in until November 17th...seems like a long time to wait!

Annaquilts 11-01-2015 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by justnananettie (Post 7363492)
No, Anna Quilts, I bought the 830 with the embroidery capabilities.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Bernina has an excellent reputation and you got classes lined up. Enjoy!!!!

ClairVoyantQuilter 11-01-2015 04:04 PM

I just returned from the Houston Quilt Festival and took several classes on a variety of machines . . .and have to say, it just made me appreciate my BERNINA that much more! It's a 780, not 830 . . .but uses the huge honking "m class" bobbins and runs smooth as silk. One particular top of the line machine I sewed on (and it's sold for about $5000 more than my $9000 780) couldn't even sew full speed without vibrating so bad it was difficult to control the seam. There's a reason some of the best quilters in the world, choose Bernina and it's not because they're paid to endorse it . . .theyre simply fantastic machines. I'll be 52 in January and I'm confident my machine, used daily, will outlive me.

sewingsuz 11-01-2015 05:04 PM

I really don't see how you could not like a bernina! Sew SEW and SEW!!!! You will like it and they last forever.

Doggramma 11-01-2015 07:02 PM

I have an 820, which is the same as yours except no embroidery. I love it! It has a wonderful stitch quality and great tension. The main reasons I got it was the big throat space that's wonderful for quilting larger quilts. You'll love it too!

starshine 11-01-2015 07:27 PM

[After I got home I read one review from a Pfaff fan and she had one and hated it!]

Haven't read all the replies so I hope this isn't repeating another post... I would guess someone who is a Pfaff fan may have preferences that machine meets and maybe she didn't care for the other machine because it had different operations or worked differently. And I'm sure there are some that like both machines. If you like it and it does what you want it to you made a good choice for yourself. If later you find you like the Pfaff better than the lesson learned is it is worthwhile to not be impulsive and to do some comparative shopping. Also this ONE person could have bought the proverbial
Lemon.

quilting cat 11-01-2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed (Post 7363246)
I have several guild friends with that machine - they have had them for a long time and like them a lot. I think you will too!

Bernina has reassigned the number 830. The old timers love the same machine I do -- from the 1970's -- which is not the same as the one available the last couple of years with the same number!

Sandra-P 11-02-2015 05:13 AM

I don't trust all the reviews anymore since finding out that some Amazon reviews were faked. I have two Bernina's one for each place we live and they are both 550's. Absolutely love them, they have been the best, and I do have a nice Pfaff as well but use the Bernina as I find it does everything I want.

Fizzle 11-02-2015 05:33 AM

You can not go wrong with a Bernina. I have the 930 Record from, I think, 1984. ��

institches33 11-02-2015 06:45 AM

Keep in mind that the review you read could have been "operator difficulty".