Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DID YOU BUY ACCUQUILT~~~STUDIO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-buy-accuquilt%7E%7E%7Estudio-t163193.html)

raedar63 10-25-2011 06:35 PM

Yikes, I just looked at the basic die set, on sale for 450 bucks! Guess I will just keep having crooked quilts lol

waladopa 10-25-2011 06:39 PM

I paid $1200 for mine (bread & butter starter kit) but now that I know more, I wish I had gotten just the cutter at a deal like this price and then bought only the dies that I wanted and needed. I have had my accuquilt for a few months now and some of my dies in the starter kit have yet to be opened. I have ordered several though that didn't come in the set. I only buy the dies when they are on sale. They have 2 new items on sale each day. Hope this helps.

and I love my accuquilt studio!

dreamer2009 10-25-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by waladopa
I paid $1200 for mine (bread & butter starter kit) but now that I know more, I wish I had gotten just the cutter at a deal like this price and then bought only the dies that I wanted and needed. I have had my accuquilt for a few months now and some of my dies in the starter kit have yet to be opened. I have ordered several though that didn't come in the set. I only buy the dies when they are on sale. They have 2 new items on sale each day. Hope this helps.

and I love my accuquilt studio!

AM THINKING OF UPGRADING FROM THE GO.
HAVE LOTS OF DIE CAN USE.
SORRY CAPS.

Xtgirl 10-25-2011 07:14 PM

The sizzix big shot pro will allow you to cut several pieces of fabric at once. I bought the Westminster version on overstock for 240. It is similar to the studio but does not allow the use of the biggest studio dies.

Dolphyngyrl 10-25-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

What does any of you think of the sizzx? I have been lookinhg at these too.

it is no designed to cut several pieces of fabric at one time.

Oh, I was at a quilt show not long ago and watched a demo, I would have sworn they said it did. I will have to check into it further. I would love to have one of these.

It cuts up to 6 layers, you can watch patsy tompsons videos, she cuts six layers

dreamer2009 10-25-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl

What does any of you think of the sizzx? I have been lookinhg at these too.

it is no designed to cut several pieces of fabric at one time.

Oh, I was at a quilt show not long ago and watched a demo, I would have sworn they said it did. I will have to check into it further. I would love to have one of these.

It cuts up to 6 layers, you can watch patsy tompsons videos, she cuts six layers

Studio CUT 10 LAYERS.

Fraew 10-25-2011 08:57 PM

is $395.00
a good price for this ??

I have been watching the prices for a while. $395 is the lowest that I have seen. I missed the last sale and bought mine when the strip cutter starter set was on sale. I estimate that the cutter portion of the price was about $414.

dreamer2009 10-25-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew

is $395.00
a good price for this ??

I have been watching the prices for a while. $395 is the lowest that I have seen. I missed the last sale and bought mine when the strip cutter starter set was on sale. I estimate that the cutter portion of the price was about $414.

annthreecats 10-25-2011 09:25 PM

I just ordered the GO! Baby. It came with a starter set of dies and a mat for $129 at Nancy's Notions.

trif 10-25-2011 09:25 PM

I saw it on sale too, but I'm still dreaming about it. I did read the specifics on it from the website and the studio cutter weighs 55lbs! So I'm thinking it's going to have to be placed in the location it will need to stay. In other words if I bought it, I would have to have an area that was designated only for the studio.