Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DID YOU BUY ACCUQUILT~~~STUDIO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-buy-accuquilt%7E%7E%7Estudio-t163193.html)

susie-susie-susie 10-26-2011 07:55 AM

Boy, $1200 is a lot for a cutter. I guess I think that because cutting is one of my favorite things to do. I guess I would think differently if I didn't like to cut fabric. That is enough money to buy another machine, just saying.
Sue

penski 10-26-2011 08:07 AM

i just bought the accuquilt go not to long ago, the dies on the the studio seemed kinda exspensive

dreamer2009 10-26-2011 08:56 AM

[quote=born2bfree67]hello,
you cannot use any other die, than the studio. the go dies and not made for the studio. you will damage the die. if you call accuquilt, they will let you know what dies are compatible. hope this helps.[/quote

THEY HAVE JUST RELEASED AN ADAPTER so you can use Go Die on the Studio.

dreamer2009 10-26-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by born2bfree67
OMG! that is such good news. i came across a yard sale from a lady who was throwing out several dozen go dies because her daughter no longer uses them and she didn't have time to devote to list and sell so she gave them to me! i will purchase the adapter. THANK YOU for the information.

WOW~~~you certainly lucked out.

kaylfordsollimo 10-26-2011 08:59 AM

I was gifted with a Go! cutter, but sold it so that I could go to the bigger (not portable) one. Decided to go with the Sizzix Big Shot Pro (Westminster/purple) after watching posts for many months about the pros and cons of the various cutters on the market. There is a yahoo group (pinsandneedles1) where the owner sells Go!, Baby Go! and Sizzix machines and dies at 35% off discount prices. I've bought several and found her to be a very honest and reliable merchant. The reason I chose the Big Shot is that it will allow the use of dies made by several different companies and cuts many more layers than the Go! It really boils down to choice. Ebony Love is also a veritable gold mine of information and her tutorials are fantastic.

dreamer2009 10-26-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by kaylfordsollimo
I was gifted with a Go! cutter, but sold it so that I could go to the bigger (not portable) one. Decided to go with the Sizzix Big Shot Pro (Westminster/purple) after watching posts for many months about the pros and cons of the various cutters on the market. There is a yahoo group (pinsandneedles1) where the owner sells Go!, Baby Go! and Sizzix machines and dies at 35% off discount prices. I've bought several and found her to be a very honest and reliable merchant. The reason I chose the Big Shot is that it will allow the use of dies made by several different companies and cuts many more layers than the Go! It really boils down to choice. Ebony Love is also a veritable gold mine of information and her tutorials are fantastic.

I'm wavering on this machine as it only has a 5 year warranty versus lifetime warranty on Studio.
I do like this option though.
The reason I chose the Big Shot is that it will allow the use of dies made by several different companies.
Maybe Accuquilt will follow suit since it's new release of adapter.

Fraew 10-26-2011 09:24 AM

OMG! that is such good news. i came across a yard sale from a lady who was throwing out several dozen go dies because her daughter no longer uses them and she didn't have time to devote to list and sell so she gave them to me! i will purchase the adapter. THANK YOU for the information.

Great news! Happy cutting and quilting. :)

born2bfree67 10-26-2011 09:34 AM

$1200 for a an accuquilt studio? they don't cost that much. who said that? the retail price is $595 on sale for $395.

dreamer2009 10-26-2011 09:57 AM

$1200 for a an accuquilt studio? they don't cost that much. who said that? the retail price is $595 on sale for $395.

might be one of the options with some of the die included.

http://www.accuquilt.com/studio-shop/starter-sets.html

jmcdowell 10-26-2011 10:09 AM

MUch much less than I paid for mine!!! Lucky you.