Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you buy any Christmas fabrics this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-buy-any-christmas-fabrics-year-t85961.html)

quiltyjax 12-30-2010 08:01 AM

Shopped in my stash and still don't seem to have made a dent in it. Waiting for the LQS to have the sale (Usually february)and there's bound to be Christmas fabric that will want to come home with me.

Tink's Mom 12-30-2010 08:03 AM

I shopped my stash mostly...did buy a couple of yards yesterday at Joanns. But I did use up 3 yards of a fabric that has been sitting around for way too long...made some holiday kitchen curtains.

cdufur 12-30-2010 08:03 AM

No, I used what I already had. Nothing jumped out and said "buy me"!

Corry 12-30-2010 08:41 AM

I did buy some Christmas fabric at Walmart this past week that they had for 50% off and brought it down to $1.22 a yard. I was a bit disapointed that Walmart usually has a great selection of Christmas fabrics each year but this year they had very little to choose from b ut then hey.....we are lucky they kept our fabric dept at our store. They sure did cut back though. I bought a few fabrics I was looking for. I am planning to make a quilt with a snowflake theme. I bought some fabrics last year that were different shades of blue with snowflakes and silver metallic going thru it. I found several different fabrics this year that will go well with those from last year. But for the most part have not bought near the amount of Christmas fabric that I usually do. I am not going to buy much in the way of fabric this year. I have several quilts planned and need to get to work using what I already have. The only thing I will have my eye out for is some Christmas fabric with cardinals as I want to make a quilt for my cousin with machine embroidered cardinals on it. I have not been able to find the right fabric for this quilt yet. Will know it when I see it.

reginalovesfabric 12-30-2010 09:09 AM

I've bought and bought, I love Christmas fabric and now that it's on sale I'll buy more. I have two shelves about 5' long each with fabric folded on boards full....I love it

klgreene 12-30-2010 09:56 AM

I used what I had. Then saw all the beautiful things on here, so bought some, then bought on sale!!!!

Nolee 12-30-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I did both. Bought more this year than most years.

I did too. The local quilt shop had everything Christmasy for 75% off the week before and this week, so off I went. I am stocked for the next three years for Christmas and most of it was $2.79 a yard!!!

Sallyjane 12-30-2010 10:27 AM

I did not buy any Christmas fabric, nor did I use what is already in my stash.

JEM65 12-30-2010 10:31 AM

I bought a lot of the Fruitcake line by Moda. I loved the designs and the colors! I only bought so far - I haven't decided what quilt I want to make with it yet! LOL!

purrfectquilts 12-30-2010 12:23 PM

I did not buy any specific Christmas fabric, but did a lot of sewing with high quality fabrics that I already had. Did buy other fabrics for current projects with more still to get. I try to use from my stash first and supplement with purchasing whatever I need to complete the current project.