Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Disappearing nine patch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/disappearing-nine-patch-t67633.html)

Lilrain 09-30-2010 04:11 PM

I notice a lot of people here are doing a version of the disappearing nine patch. Have any of you tried the other "formulas" in the book? I love the one called "Risky Business"

Quiltforme 09-30-2010 04:18 PM

Which book are you talking about??? I only learned about the DP9 from this board.

Lilrain 09-30-2010 04:23 PM

"Disappearing Nine Patch" by Nancy Brenan Daniel

Twilliebee 09-30-2010 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lilrain

I have looked high and low for that book and haven't been able to find it. You don't by any chance have a copy to sell or know of a source for one? I'd love to see the other variations and I'll never be able to work them all out for myself!

Lilrain 09-30-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twilliebee

I have looked high and low for that book and haven't been able to find it. You don't by any chance have a copy to sell or know of a source for one? I'd love to see the other variations and I'll never be able to work them all out for myself!

You might try Slice em and Dice em by Nancy Brenan Daniel. A lot of the same type of technique, same author

Twilliebee 09-30-2010 06:51 PM

You might try Slice em and Dice em by Nancy Brenan Daniel. A lot of the same type of technique, same author

Thanks for the tip. Just found it and ordered it online. Lot easier when you know what you're looking for! LOL

Lilrain 09-30-2010 07:02 PM

Thanks for the tip. Just found it and ordered it online. Lot easier when you know what you're looking for! LOL

Glad I could help

gollytwo 10-01-2010 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Which book are you talking about??? I only learned about the DP9 from this board.

The book is Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em Quilts by Nancy Brenan Daniel, published in 20004 by Leisure Arts, Inc.

SueDor 10-01-2010 04:41 AM

I thought someone on the board just cut up an old nine patch block and decided huh look what I can do with this.

pojo 10-01-2010 04:52 AM

do you have a picture of the quilt risky business.