Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do any of you have this problem? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-any-you-have-problem-t79435.html)

bearisgray 11-29-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
If dh goes with me he stands and whines about everything,or complains.His favorite saying is"you dont need that" or "why dont you use some of what you;ve got"

This is my DH, too.

Now - in the grocery store - if we have the money, HE's the one more apt to throw in extras.

ckcowl 11-29-2010 09:20 AM

i made the huge mistake of taking hubby to ben franklin crafts one day, planned to pick up a yard of paper back fusable....$283 later i managed to get out of the store...he found i think 3 different fabric collections that (i needed)
they are all still on a closet shelf...maybe next year i will get caught up enough with stuff i have going on to (look) at what he decided i should be doing :)
i know one of our lqs's love to see him coming...i do not go with him, i can not afford it!
one of the lqs around he will not go to, the owner treats him like he has no business stepping through her door...so he goes to the one where they take him by the arm and start telling him all the things he should be buying me :)
in the past couple years he has taken quite an interest in fabrics...jury's still out if this is a good thing :)

auntmag 11-29-2010 09:29 AM

Same here and I prefer that he not go with me.

Originally Posted by erstan947
Never, My DH would rather have a root canal than go to a fabric shop! If I want to have a good time, I leave him at the house!:)

KathyAire 11-29-2010 10:09 AM

Mine will go to town with me (uninvited). He drops me off at the fabric store and says 'take your time'. In about seven minutes he will call and ask how much longer I'm going to be. Right then, I feel like I have to hurry. He's probably ready to go for lunch. I really like to go to town by myself. I get a lot more territory covered when he is not with me. I don't like to take the time to stop for lunch.

retired2pa 11-29-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Never, My DH would rather have a root canal than go to a fabric shop! If I want to have a good time, I leave him at the house!:)

Ditto this!!!! :) Frankly, I'm glad he stays home so I can take my time and not feel rushed. Same with the grocery store.

EagarBeez 11-29-2010 10:16 AM

mine goes with me, since there are no quilt shops nearby, and going far, he prefers to drive. I ask his help sometimes on color. Other times he goes looking at other fabric, thinking I may like it

eaglebeak1960 11-29-2010 10:18 AM

LOL I am a DH and I do quilt my wife hates it!!! (can u believe it??) when I go to the fabric store my DW says I do not need it. Will give in about 30 percent of the time. In the process of making computer laptop quilted sleeves for xmas presents for my kids

Yours in Quilting
Chris

franie 11-29-2010 10:19 AM

Yes but only at the grocery store.

Iluv2quilt 11-29-2010 10:24 AM

I wish!!! No really, he's good at helping select fabric with me, it's fun to have him go.

Prettiptibbs 11-29-2010 11:09 AM

Oh no! Fabric shopping is best done alone! I do show and don't tell (how much I spent) after I come back!