Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do i rip, or live with it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-i-rip-live-t232952.html)

amyjo 10-23-2013 02:00 PM

I thought it looked really nice, then I read what you wrote about a mistake. We are not perfect, I would leave it it is so pretty the way it is.

teric 10-23-2013 02:46 PM

Leave...Looks great the way it is....So it's not pattern perfect...that's what makes new and interesting patterns and quilts!!!

Taughtby Grandma 10-23-2013 03:13 PM

When I discover I have done something like this I usually fix it, however, I agree with Dedemac and I would flip the top and bottom. Less ripping. The only one who knows it isn't the way it should be is you unless you tell them.

mimiof4 10-23-2013 03:45 PM

Design element, love it, live with it.

farmquilter 10-23-2013 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=dunster;6361211]That is a gorgeous quilt! I actually like the way the geese are on the sides better than on top and bottom, so I would flip the top and bottom pieces.

I think the sides create a border effect between the yellow better than on the top and bottom. I would change the top/bottom only, lovely quilt.

Anne P 10-23-2013 05:57 PM

I haven't read all the comments, but would say turn the top and bottom to point in and to match the sides. Then let it go. Admittedly, it's easy for me to say that about someone else's work! I'd probably rip and turn the sides if it were mine, but, as others have said, that's my hangup.

The quilt is beautiful! You did a wonderful job. Where, might I ask, did you get the pattern and materials? Is it a kit. Since I live in Seattle, I'd like to check it out. I'm wanting to make a sampler, but haven't settled on a pattern yet. When I do, I hope mine turns out as well as yours did.

Anne P
Seattle

liking quilting 10-23-2013 06:44 PM

Looks fine to me. Tell everyone you planned it that way!

BETTY62 10-23-2013 06:49 PM

I would leave the sides like they arenow. Turning in as they do makes your quilt look unique.

suzanprincess 10-23-2013 07:17 PM

I've read all the replies, and when I go back and look at the quilt the corners still bug me. Having the different color borders isn't the problem, it's the transition from one to the other at the corners. If the side and end borders were all pointing the same direction, the halves of golden triangles/geese at the corners would match in the way they turn the corners/meet up with the cornerstones. Sure, it's annoying to rip, but even worse to not rip and regret it later when the "error" becomes my personal focal point!

maviskw 10-23-2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by suzanprincess (Post 6365072)
I've read all the replies, and when I go back and look at the quilt the corners still bug me. Having the different color borders isn't the problem, it's the transition from one to the other at the corners. If the side and end borders were all pointing the same direction, the halves of golden triangles/geese at the corners would match in the way they turn the corners/meet up with the cornerstones. Sure, it's annoying to rip, but even worse to not rip and regret it later when the "error" becomes my personal focal point!

I agree with suzanprincess. Even though the quilt is very beautiful as is, the cornerstones just don't seem right. As you said, you are getting busy with the ripper. Good luck.