Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do i rip, or live with it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-i-rip-live-t232952.html)

Girlfriend 10-23-2013 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you everyone, for your responses. After thinking about it, I decided to fix it. As one gal wrote, if it bothers me now, it will really bug me later on, and I agree. I spent a lot of time on these blocks, doing "my very best sewing" as one teacher puts it, and so I should make it my best, all the way through.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, ripping it out.

Here it is, top finished. I am really happy with it. Taking to the LA's tomorrow. Can't wait to get it quilted. Thanks again, to everyone who responded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442901[/ATTACH]

Quilter 65 10-24-2013 03:41 AM

I like the geese pointing to the center of the quilt. But I really wouldn't have thought it was wrong until you spelled it out. I thought it was just a different idea and perfectly fine the way it is. I see that you "fixed it" after I had made my post. It is the way you want it and you can't improve on that!

bigsister63 10-24-2013 05:13 AM

Very pretty quilt! I bet you are glad you took the time and effort to fix it. Now you will be happy with it!!!! Haven't we all had quilt s that we "wished" we had done something different or corrected a mistake? Let go of it! Life is too short to have many "woulda,coulda, shoulda" monemnt!

mpeters1200 10-24-2013 06:21 AM

Your quilt is amazing. I too, would leave the long sides the way they are and just flip the top and bottom. I love your sampler blocks and your color placement really jazzes everything up. Very nice job!

ghostrider 10-24-2013 06:56 AM

It looks fantastic, Girlfriend. I'm so glad you went with your heart. It's stunning and something of which you will always be very proud. :)

noveltyjunkie 10-24-2013 01:58 PM

You were SO right to fix it! It's stunning.

deplaylady 10-24-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Girlfriend (Post 6365113)
Thank you everyone, for your responses. After thinking about it, I decided to fix it. As one gal wrote, if it bothers me now, it will really bug me later on, and I agree. I spent a lot of time on these blocks, doing "my very best sewing" as one teacher puts it, and so I should make it my best, all the way through.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, ripping it out.

Here it is, top finished. I am really happy with it. Taking to the LA's tomorrow. Can't wait to get it quilted. Thanks again, to everyone who responded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442901[/ATTACH]

It looks fantastic!

DogHouseMom 10-24-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6361211)
That is a gorgeous quilt! I actually like the way the geese are on the sides better than on top and bottom, so I would flip the top and bottom pieces. I've found that if something bothers me it's quicker to fix it than to agonize about it. Please show this again when it's finished - it's going to be beautiful. I just love those colors.

Ditto that ... I was surprised when you said it was the sides that were wrong. Flip the top and bottom.

DebraK 10-25-2013 06:18 AM

I think you made the best decision (and the only one that counts). Looks great!

mpeters1200 10-25-2013 08:28 AM

Quilt is beautiful. You made it, you are in control of the final output. I can't give a quilt away if there's a mistake on it that I can't live with. Sometimes they are small enough they don't bother me, other times I just hate looking at them so I fix it and I don't feel so bad. Beautiful quilt.