Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do i rip, or live with it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-i-rip-live-t232952.html)

klgls 10-22-2013 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 6361198)
I think it looks fine. However, if it is going to always bug you it is all about you!

Ditto. I find if it does bug me - I rip it. Much happier afterwards.

cabbagepatchkid 10-22-2013 04:03 AM

First......I love your quilt, it's just beautiful!

Second......I really like the way the sides look. It creates a nice effect the way that the gold color is along the edge of the quilt center. If it's really bugging you, though, it would be better to fix it now rather than wish you did, later.

Barb in Louisiana 10-22-2013 04:10 AM

My motto is..... If it isn't quilted & you see an obvious or not so obvious error, fix the darn thing. If I could rid myself of my P (Perfect) mentality, I would have a lot more quilts done. Seriously, for me ripping out the two long sides is not the end of the world and looking at something I knew was an error would end up making me dislike the quilt. Quilts cost too much money to let something go that could be fixed.

I have realized recently that errors seem to pop out to me much more quickly if I take a picture of the quilt or block placements and look at them in a smaller version. What I didn't see when the project was life size just glare out at me on a smaller screen. Sometimes, with a scrappy, it's just too many of the same colors together. Sometimes, the blocks are absolutely turned wrong. Sometimes, I just hate the color fabric I chose for a border. Just looking through a camera has saved me time later because if I just don't like what I see in the small pic, then I am NOT going to like it. I don't want my quilts to end up as the dog bed.

Everybody can say all they want about making quilting fun & just going with the flow, calling it a designers choice, but that just doesn't work for me. Loving it with my eyes makes me feel good and want to share it with others.

Annie68 10-22-2013 04:31 AM

I'd keep it as is, love the overall look!

nunnyJo 10-22-2013 04:31 AM

I love it, I wouldn't rip, looks great as is

piepatch 10-22-2013 04:43 AM

First of all, your quilt is absolutely beautiful, but this is obviously bothering you, or you wouldn't pose the question, so given that, I would take the border off and sew it the other way. Yes, it will take some time, but you will probably be happier with it if you do.

AnnP44 10-22-2013 04:51 AM

If you're not happy with the borders now, it will drive you crazy later. (Ask me how I know.:))
That being said, it's a gorgeous quilt! Your colors are beautiful.

Buckeye Rose 10-22-2013 04:52 AM

If it were mine, I would rip and fix....and you could rip either the sides or the top and bottom.....but I am fussy that way....I think you will like it better fixed....it won't bug you that way and you will be happier!

Lori S 10-22-2013 04:56 AM

I would change the shorter sides.... if and only if it really bothered me.

bigsister63 10-22-2013 05:07 AM

If it is bugs you then RIP. I would rip out the shorter ends. I think the points going into the quilt look nice/better. Very pretty quilt either way!