Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do men design sewing machines?lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-men-design-sewing-machines-lol-t68709.html)

amandasgramma 10-06-2010 01:59 PM

WOW!!!! you guys want the exact thing I want!!!! I've never understood the tiny bobbins. The Longarm I have has larger bobbins than a regular machine...but STILL -- would be nice for it to hold a LOT more!!!

cjk 10-06-2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by msariano
I'd like a machine that would fill a bobbin while you were sewing. Why can't they put an extra path way for the thread to be wound up on another bobbin while sewing?

the commercial machines have them. They wind while you sew.

Candace 10-06-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by np3

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
My Babylock has that!

There is a brand new Pfaff that does that too.

My Bernina does that too and has a bobbin almost as large as a spool;> It's just not PINK!

Holice 10-06-2010 03:14 PM

yes men design machines and I don't believe they listen to those who use the machines.

lab fairy 10-06-2010 03:24 PM

I've been winding bobbins from my second spool holder for years on my Pfaff. Was I not supposed to be able to do that?

I don't get into the pink thing (I guess I'm a mutant girl) but I do think that those old Black ones with the gold were pretty.

tweetee 10-06-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by np3

My Babylock has that!

My Bernina does that too and has a bobbin almost as large as a spool;> It's just not PINK!

You can also do this on the featherweight, as long as you have an extra spool holder!

msariano 10-06-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by np3

My Babylock has that!

I have a pfaff 7550. I'll have to check it tonight and see if I too can wind a bobbin while sewing. It has a second spool holder but I'm not sure that the threads (sewing & winding) would interfere with each other. Hopefully, they won't.

ukdame 10-06-2010 04:12 PM

Really pretty pink Morse. I agree totally w/this thread. I just told my DH that I think most of the old cabinets were designed for men. My Kenmore cabinet has a knee control and I have to set my chair higher to reach it. I am 5 ft 6inch (not exactly petite) I know some guy w/average height of 5'10 likely designed it. :roll:

Stitchnripper 10-06-2010 04:38 PM

I agree with y'all who would like a bobbin to hold a spool's worth of thread.

lab fairy 10-06-2010 04:43 PM

I can't wind a bobbin and sew at the same time on my Pfaff 7570 but I do like not having to rethread my machine every time I need a new bobbin (I wind 4 or 5 at a time to make sure I have a back up). I can wind my bobbin from the machine with the needle threaded and use the pressure foot, etc. but I prefer using the second spool holder over that.