Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do men design sewing machines?lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-men-design-sewing-machines-lol-t68709.html)

Jingle 10-06-2010 05:01 PM

On my Juki TL98 QE machines I have a spool holder so I can wind bobbins without unthreading the machine. The bobbins don't hold a spool of thread but, alot more than any of my three other machines.

cindyw 10-06-2010 05:15 PM

Stopping to change the bobbin is not fun even if you already have spare bobbins full of thread. The bobbins should hold a lot more thread OR feed from a full spool. :) I do have one of the Sidewinder bobbin winders and I really like it.

moonwolf23 10-06-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
yes men design machines and I don't believe they listen to those who use the machines.

We dont' use enough cast iron skillets.

Boscobd 10-06-2010 06:45 PM

Hmm - I have a Babylock and can wind a bobbin without unthreading the machine as it has an extra spool holder. I suppose that means I could wind a bobbin while sewing as well. Just never thought of it! But, on the other hand, it might freak me out while trying to sew!

scowlkat 10-06-2010 06:49 PM

I suggested to a manufacturer rep about a year ago that they should just make a different path to run thread from a full spool through to the bobbin area and not even have bobbins. Yes two separate spools of thread. So far, no one has taken me up on my ingenious idea and I see I am not the only one who has thought of it. After all, a serger's lower loopers work that way!

As to a pink machine-YUCK! Pink is my least favorite color. But would love it if they could make "skins" like they do for laptops! How about a batik machine? Or my preference would be red, maybe turquoise, oh well, how about rainbow! Sorry for the rambling, had to take a pain pill and it makes me somewhat verbose!

Candace 10-06-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I suggested to a manufacturer rep about a year ago that they should just make a different path to run thread from a full spool through to the bobbin area and not even have bobbins. Yes two separate spools of thread. So far, no one has taken me up on my ingenious idea and I see I am not the only one who has thought of it. After all, a serger's lower loopers work that way!

As to a pink machine-YUCK! Pink is my least favorite color. But would love it if they could make "skins" like they do for laptops! How about a batik machine? Or my preference would be red, maybe turquoise, oh well, how about rainbow! Sorry for the rambling, had to take a pain pill and it makes me somewhat verbose!

Bernina does make skins. Just not for my model. Maybe in the future though. But, I've got a sneaky suspicion the skins aren't cheap

:wink:

slk350 10-06-2010 06:57 PM

Candace...I LOVE that pink machine, it's like a piece of art

Threadedneedle 10-06-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by judylg

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
My Babylock has that!

It does? Which BabyLock do you have? I like that idea.

It is an Ellageo 2,about 10 years old.

BellaBoo 10-06-2010 07:29 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only woman who does not like the cotton candy pink color that is used for breast cancer awareness. I won't buy anything with that color pink all over it. I like pink but not that shade of pink at all.

tjradj 10-06-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting

Originally Posted by karen65ae
So many having tension issues (including me) and I thought if more men used these machines I am sure the machines would be designed differently so you just flicked a switch to change the tension needs for the weight of the cotton or have 2 different tension disks on the machine... In an ideal world lol

And the bobbin would hold an entire spool not just a small disk. They wouldn't be stopping and changing these things so often.

AMEN SISTER !