Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do these fabrics go together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-these-fabrics-go-together-t177179.html)

Anna.425 01-28-2012 04:34 PM

The brown doesn't work for me. The other colors look like yellow and peach to me (could just be my monitor) however those are both warm colors. Perhaps think about adding a cool color like green or blue, be sure to make it a more intense shade to make the others pop.

Janice Thompson 01-28-2012 05:57 PM

color values

You need three values. Light, medium and dark. Change light brown to a dark brown, then it should work

gramma nancy 01-28-2012 06:41 PM

I think they go together, but they are all medium value. It needs a really dark dark to add some spice, then you will have something.

MarySews 01-28-2012 06:58 PM

I like all the fabric but think you need at least one or two additional that will add some contrast -- perhaps a lively print with a darker background or even an almost white that will add some sparkle.

Karenowc 01-28-2012 07:02 PM

I don't like the 2 greens together. I'd use one or the other. Are you adding a cream for the background?

kaylfordsollimo 01-28-2012 07:18 PM

Personally, if my monitor is showing the colors as they truly are, I would trade the solid rose for a blue print (like the blue in the adjacent piece) and remove the brown altogether. Maybe a cream tone-on-tone as the background color.

annies-best 01-28-2012 08:55 PM

SEE everyone has a different opion but the only one that matters is yours if you like it use it. what i see on the web now days it doesn't matter much i see all kinds of combos and most of them look good. i often have problems getting in enough variety

rahaube 01-28-2012 08:57 PM

Colors

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns (Post 4916751)
I am doing the block of the month on Craftsy. Do these fabrics look good together? Please be honest, they weren't expensive and I can put them in my stash if they don't. Also do you have other suggestions of what other fabrics and prints would look good

Janie[ATTACH=CONFIG]306687[/ATTACH]

I am doing the same block of the month. I think your colors go together but am concerned that you may not have enough contrast. If you print out your picture in grayscale you can determine how much value change you have in your colors. This will make a great deal of difference in how your quilt comes out.
Reta

earnestine 01-29-2012 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns (Post 4916751)
I am doing the block of the month on Craftsy. Do these fabrics look good together? Please be honest, they weren't expensive and I can put them in my stash if they don't. Also do you have other suggestions of what other fabrics and prints would look good

Janie[ATTACH=CONFIG]306687[/ATTACH]

when making a quilt,the colors you use, should make you feel good about them, if not change them around, untill you do,the quilt is your master peice,go eith your fellings

SunlitenSmiles 01-29-2012 04:55 AM

everyone is seeing the color their monitor shows....i have some of that 4th (first in second row with tone on tone leaf) fabric and holding it to the screen....not the same color at all !!!!!!!!!