Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you buy Christmas & Winter fabrics in January? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-buy-christmas-winter-fabrics-january-t33456.html)

bebe 01-07-2010 06:28 PM

I like Christmas fabrics and buy them on sale for future projects

amma 01-07-2010 07:40 PM

I wonder if people are thinking about next years gifts and that they might get a jump on next years gifts? maybe there new years resolution :wink:

nursie76 01-07-2010 07:50 PM

I hadn't thought much about buying Christmas material on sale for next Christmas until Joann's had Debbie Mumm Christmas fabric on sale for 70% off. I also used a coupon for an additional 10% off. But THEN, I went to our local Ben Franklins looking for a crib cheater panel and OMG they had all their Christmas fabric on sale for 75% off!!! And it is name brand, good quality quilting fabric. I had been drooling over a panel with snowman called winter friendships and warm winter wishes (a thick yummy flannel) and the coordinating fabrics in one of my quilt mags or maybe the internet. And they had it. The regular price is a little lower than anywhere else I have seen it. Most is actually winter fabric not only Christmas. I got about 25+ yard of fabric for a little over $50! And I had to force myself to quit! but I am ready for next Christmas, and the next, etc. I am off work tomorrow and intend to start designing a winter flannel lap throw with the warm winter wishes fabric. Hope to have it pieced over the weekend.

I guess that you know that there is a Christmas every year, so you might as well take advantage of the sales now and be ready.

Leota 01-07-2010 07:53 PM

Nursie 76... that's too funny

SaraSewing 01-07-2010 08:02 PM

NO! I'm trying to use my stash - only buying what I need to finish a particular project.

nursie76 01-07-2010 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Nursie 76... that's too funny

Seriously.....I had to have a really stern talk with myself! I actually had more, but put it back! Ahh....good thing the sale is over before payday, or I just know I would be back!

littlehud 01-08-2010 07:29 PM

If I see some I like I buy it. After all the prices are great now.

hsquiltingmom 01-08-2010 08:39 PM

I find I am buying them now, when they are on sale, so I can start on some specific Christmas projects. I started a tree skirt for 2009, but started too late, and didn't get it done in time. I would like to make stockings and table runners and even a couch quilt and a wall hanging. So when I see it for a good price, I will get it.

sunflower2011 01-09-2010 10:30 AM

i found some very pretty fabric at walmarts, christmas, for sixty cents a yard

mcdaniel023 01-09-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by sunflower2011
i found some very pretty fabric at walmarts, christmas, for sixty cents a yard

Me, too. Twenty yards for 12.40. DH, just about fainted when I came home. Snowman apron panels for 1.10 each.
I will think of something to do with it.
:wink: