Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you double check before buying here? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-double-check-before-buying-here-t75903.html)

CircleSquare 11-12-2010 06:49 PM

As a general rule, I check prices and buy from the cheapest place. However, if a friend has something I want, I might pay a little more to help them out. Different circumstances dictate different actions.

featherweight 11-12-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by pookie ookie

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by PegD
I don't usually pay that much for shipping, but the book's price was right.

Isn't all the shipping on Amazon $3.99??

No.

Well all the books I have bought on Amazon lately, last couple of months, have been $3.99 shipping.

You pay no shipping in the States if your order is $25 or more

I usually don't order that much.

finch 11-13-2010 03:37 AM

I have sold fabric on here before and I always sell it at a cost that is very reasonable.I have even been told that I am selling it for too little,but It just makes me feel good to help someone else.I have seen some really expensive prices on here also,that is why it pays to shop around.

Dee Dee 11-13-2010 03:59 AM

Yes, I check prices with Amazon, Half.com and ebay before making a decision to purchase.

Clothlady46 11-13-2010 04:34 AM

Anne, I will be visiting your fair country around Christmas. Our daughter lives in Bavaria. Really looking forward to seeing the beautiful countryside.

Connie Merritt 11-13-2010 04:57 AM

I don't believe Sadiemae meant any disrespect toward anyone. I believe she was just stating a "thought" that I am sure we all might have had at one time or another, including myself. That is why this is the perfect community for kudos, tuts, help, lessons, support, friendship, paying it forward; I could go on but we all know the benefits here. So I thank each of you for each of the aforementioned benefits. Now let us enjoy our coffee and conversations.

calicocat 11-13-2010 05:15 AM

I never buy anything from here. Anything I have wanted was sold before I ever see the post. And I do find the book to be priced to high, so I never even consider buying them.

Tinabodina 11-13-2010 05:24 AM

It would be hard to compete with Amazon and since they have so many places to pull from, it would be next to impossible. I believe when people post books etc, they are only trying to clear out what they don't use anymore and really don't think twice about comparing to Amazon.

noveltyjunkie 11-13-2010 05:27 AM

I'm glad this has come up. Recently I saw some books for sale and I googled looking for a review (never buy a book unseen without a review!) First site that came up on my google search, there they were for half what was being asked here. I assumed the vendor just had no idea what they were worth- people often assume their second hand stuff is more valuable than it really us, but I was not going to take a chance on PMing the poster and saying this, as people are not necessarily going to appreciate that.

If some inexpereinced vendors are reading, they might learn something and hopefully increase their sales by pitching their price right.

And, on a tangent, have we ever had quilting book reviews on here?

steelecg 11-13-2010 05:39 AM

I have been happy with the purchases I have made here - I also do Amazon as well - I haven't had the feeling that anyone has taken advantage - Shipping is bazaar and an unfortunate fact of life - I like that I can find things here that I can't find somewhere else sometimes