Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you dream about quilts to come? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-dream-about-quilts-come-t29246.html)

Naturalmama 11-24-2009 09:49 AM

Maybe I just need a mental distraction right now - dreaming about quilts seems ridiculous since I haven't even made my first yet, but in 2011 we'll have our 25th anniversary and I keep thinking about how cool it would be to make a quilt with all sorts of pics - pieces of fabric - w/prints that remind us of different memories from our life together. It could have a house on it, a block with salamanders for the trip to the Smokies where we hired a naturalist who took us on an awesome salamander walk, an eiffel tower for our trip to France, even golden yellow maple leaves which is what I remember from our wedding day, and of course things like Winnie the Pooh and Lightning McQueen since ds is now here, owls from an awesome camping trip.... I could just keep dreaming.... and I just saw the attic window pattern - wouldn't that be cool to use?! It could be like you're looking into the window of our lives and seeing all these different things....
Maybe it's just an excuse to start looking for more fabric - I have a scavenger hunt to start now! :lol:

trupeach 11-24-2009 10:02 AM

if i didn't dream of quilts to come, the fabric and patterns I will use I would go out of my mind with worry about everyday things in life. Thinking of quilts to come is a great distraction.

shaverg 11-24-2009 10:05 AM

I am always dreaming about quilts to come.

charismah 11-24-2009 10:19 AM

I dream about quilts too! It is part of the creative process and some of best ideas have come from that! I try to sketch them out in a notebook and write down my ideas of fabric for them too! Just in case I don't have time to sew them right now. I can also tweak patterns as I go along ...or look for other ideas while I am waiting to put the sketch into action.

Naturalmama 11-24-2009 10:25 AM

An idea book sounds perfect! I should do that. I think I need to go "right-brained" regularly to escape! I always have to have something to go off on, and now it seems to be fabric and quilts....

MadQuilter 11-24-2009 10:28 AM

Absolutely, my head is full of ideas and techniques and color combos I want to try.

alaskasunshine 11-24-2009 10:36 AM

One time I saw a quilt in my mind and quickly drew it out and asked my husband what he thought and he encouraged me to make what I saw. It came out stunning. I was thrilled to be able to make what I saw. Several months later I was looking through a quilt catalog and there it was my "thoughts" in someone elses' pattern. Oh my word I was like...what the heck? How'd they see what I saw? Oh wellsers :lol:

The man it was made for criied & cried. He did not know I was making it for his family. I had posted the pix on an earlier post. So "yup, I do dream quilts"

Ninnie 11-24-2009 10:47 AM

I always dream about quilts. I have worked out problems this way LOL

CrystalKicks 11-24-2009 12:22 PM

I have a hard time falling asleep at night thinking about projects I want or would love to do :)

craftygma47 11-24-2009 12:27 PM

Not just quilts but embroidery patterns, too.