Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you fall in love with certain fabric lines... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-fall-love-certain-fabric-lines-t43999.html)

CajunQuilter2 04-28-2010 04:56 AM

In the beginning when I first started I did not think in terms of certain lines but the more I went into the quilt shops and began to pay attention to what drew me the most I learned that 99% of the time it is MODA!! Once in awhile a Timeless Treasure will slip in there. But I do not set out to look for a specific line I just go with what catches my eye and then it becomes a game to see which line it is after.
I am also becoming hooked on Batiks. I am slowly building a stash of mostly purples and greens right now for a someday quilt. I am a sucker for pastels.

lorraine43 04-28-2010 01:08 PM

I love quilt gate for Robert Kaufman !!!!The Mary rose collection is beautiful.

rahaube 04-28-2010 06:25 PM

Hoffman Bali prints are awesome. I am also partial to Moda fabrics.

eleu16 04-29-2010 08:47 PM

Sure i like certain fabric lines, but first comes the print and the color. When I'm hunting fabric for a quilt I want to make. If I find the fabric from the same line, then I'm happy, if not I don't care.

minstrel 04-30-2010 04:53 AM

I'm a sucker for Moda's Kansas Troubles...all of it! And anything Holly Taylor. Beyond those, it's whatever catches my eye in the quilt shop :-)

Lyn4ty 05-02-2010 07:56 AM

Seems like almost every fabric line has fabric I love and have to have, also they all seem to have fabric that is not apealing to me. So I guess it's more what strikes me at the moment, color and print wise.

judi wess 05-12-2010 06:03 AM

I love all things fabric but.....Alexander Henry speaks to my design preference. Has anyone seen the Hogs on Hogs fabric, it is a hoot. I used it to back a quilt for my grandson.

Missi 05-12-2010 07:22 AM

Oh my where to start? I love the Kansas Troubles but for awhile didn't like their new collections. I still like their earliest collections the best. I was thinking about this the other night when I was refolding my KS Troubles collection. I am also in love with Nancy Halverston. I love her Cider Mill line, but didn't buy the kit my LQS designed. I also love her new line Garden Song. I am also in love with Whimsicals. I think they design for Red Rooster. I bought a Pumpkin and Spice kit and love their new Angel Song collection.
Then I broke down the other day and bought a few charm squares, layer cake and FQs from the new collection by Basic Grey called Blush. I just love love love it.
I am also a snowman lover and love the stuff Pearl Louise designs. I know a lot of her stuff looks alike but I just love her stuff. She designs fabric for Northcott I think.
Soooo many favorites and sooo little time and money :)

piledriver 05-12-2010 08:28 AM

Don't you just hate it when that happens? :-) They're STALKER fabrics in reality ... just FIND you wherever you go.

Originally Posted by Farmer Girl
If it looks like a 30's repro, it usually has to follow me home or land in my mailbox :lol:

grma33 05-12-2010 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i luv elizabeth studios
the fruit ladies are a hoot and now with the new line this fall
and chek out the biker snowman
Gale