Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you find it difficult to stick to sewing one thing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-find-difficult-stick-sewing-one-thing-t230490.html)

Podunk Princess 09-18-2013 11:35 AM

I find that I work on whatever "speaks" to me at the moment. If it's a new project, then so be it. I'll get to the older stuff and finish it up at some point. I have no discipline when it comes to my hobbies. Whatever I'm in the mood for is what I do....LOL

annesthreads 09-19-2013 02:22 AM

Noooo...It's not to do with buckling down, it's about having fun. Do whatever calls to you today. How do I know this? I've worked through doing what I "ought" to do, and have eventually stopped worrying about it. I have so many UFOs - but I enjoy myself. There's enough duty and work in life. My quilting is for me.

Bneighbor 09-19-2013 02:47 AM

I have two sewing rooms...one at home and one in my motor home. I have projects in each of them. Since the area in the motor home is limited, I have two lap quilts in the works and in the home base I have 2 quilted handbags, 3 baby quilts and 4 jackets to embroider , plus my Christmas gift list looking me in the face. Sounds like I should sing that list to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas. Make my order a two scoop, chocolate and coffee ice cream, please.

franc36 09-19-2013 03:01 AM

I always have 4 or 5 things going on. Today, I am sewing the binding and label on a quilt I finished quilting yesterday. Then, I plan to work an hour or two on machine appliqué on a quilt border. This afternoon, I will probably make a quilt sandwich to get a quilt ready to FMQ. Then I will make pillowcases to match a mystery quilt I am making. I have a couple of "quilts in progress". I think I would get bored if I did only one thing at a time.

zennia 09-19-2013 03:08 AM

Well, I am trying to finish one thing before starting something. I must admit this is a new concept for me. I have so many ufo's because I skip around. Trying to finish some up.

Pagzz 09-19-2013 03:33 AM

I have always bounced around working on what every struck my fancy. however, I have a friend who works one project at a time and she has no ufos and lots of finishes so I am trying to work on finishing things with a goal of becoming like her.

I have enough trouble figuring out where I left off on a ufo and I don't want to leave that for anyone else to sort through so that is another reason I am trying to change my focus.

I think when it gets down to the production sewing after the thrill of finding the perfect fabrics etc then I bog down and resist. I also am tempted to move to something else if my current project is not turning out as quickly or perfect as I envisioned it. I am someone who used to substitute shopping for fabrics and a new project for sewing

QuiltnNan 09-19-2013 03:44 AM

i rarely make the same thing twice. i like the variety and try to challenge myself with new techniques, patterns, etc.

sewrkristy 09-20-2013 02:40 AM

I sew up to 11 projects at a time. Maybe even more. If I am tired of one I switch to another. I get a lot done and I love what I do.

crockett 09-20-2013 03:01 AM

Instead of sewer...how about sewist?

sewbizgirl 09-20-2013 04:14 AM

Ah, these rules we impose on ourselves.... Let your quilting/sewing be FUN and toss the rules.