Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you know this pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-know-pattern-t242530.html)

JudyBsquared 03-04-2014 01:38 PM

Do you know this pattern?

1 Attachment(s)
My quilting friend purchased this lovely throw at a local show. It was made by a guild in 1993-94 and we're so impressed with the results of their combined effort. The label gives several names and says "Patchwork Place University." We would like to know how the pattern says to do the scallops and if it included templates.

The quilt seems to have had a sad history - no one wanted it so it was sold for way too little to get it to live somewhere else. It now has a home where it is loved.

Like the quilt shown on Brian Williams' feature, I hope someone here recognizes it.
Thanks.
JudyB

nativetexan 03-04-2014 01:59 PM

oh my goodness, isn't that pretty? no name though.

erstan947 03-04-2014 01:59 PM

It is really beautiful! I'm no help but I'm happy it has found a good home.

Grandma Bonnie 03-04-2014 03:50 PM

I have no clue but it's beautiful and I love that 3D looking border!

soccertxi 03-04-2014 04:10 PM

It almost looks like a round robin...and that would probably mean there is no pattern. I used to have some of the border floral in my stash....gee, my stash is OLD! lol

cjsews 03-04-2014 04:23 PM

I still have some of that boarder fabric. The scallops look like a template was used and they were appliqued on.

DogHouseMom 03-04-2014 05:17 PM

Agree with Soccertxi ... it looks like a round robin. None of the fabrics from the center or any of the border are repeated anywhere else, and it kind of lacks harmony (although separately each element is gorgeous!). So ... no "pattern". Each person would have pulled each element from a pattern they had *somewhere*.

pocoellie 03-04-2014 06:12 PM

I, also don't have a name, but that is a gorgeous quilt. I don't understand why no one would want it, but am glad it now has a happy home, where it will be loved.

Jan in VA 03-04-2014 07:32 PM

I agree this may be a round robin; they were quite popular at that time.

Interesting note: The border fabric was a Concord Mills print that was so incredibly popular it was printed in 5-6 different colorways, including this blue, a maroon, a brown, a teal, a rust, maybe others. The original print was the brown/rust I believe, and its popularity was such that this print, used in every conceivable decor item for the bed, bath, and kitchen, saved the mill from going out of business. Heavens knows I did my part to keep it going in those days!:o

Jan in VA

NJ Quilter 03-05-2014 05:03 AM

And I have that border fabric in my bedroom decor that I got from JC Penney's ages ago. Still love it! And trust me when I tell you, trying to find a navy-white-burgundy combo is next to impossible anymore. But I do love that color combo. And this quilt is beautiful. Glad it found a happy home.