Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-notify-online-company-if-your-yard-only-34-inches-t155005.html)

vondae 09-23-2011 07:40 AM

You might understand measuring one piece wrong, but, not 8. Somebody made a big booboo. Let them know and work out a solution. I always measure my fabrics I order online. No matter if it is a fabric store or ebay. Mistakes happen and there are also some dishonest sellers. That old saying "buyer beware". We have to be diligent with our $ and that means watching what you buy. Ever been charged the wrong price, or charged twice for same product at WalMart. Same thing. Let us know what happens.Good Luck!!

Candela59 09-23-2011 07:46 AM

Geez...what company? I would sure let them know if it were me. That's a huge order and there's really no excuse for it. Heck, that's 1/2 yard short combined.

The shipping is another story. So many companies charge shipping and handling...not just the actual shipping charge.

We all have to be proactive consumers! If they give you any grief I would explain that you're a member of a very large and active quilting board and have no problem sharing your disappointment in their company with fellow members!

Good luck! :thumbup:

Quilterfay 09-23-2011 08:11 AM

I would request that they provide me with new fabric and send them back the ones that they shorted you on. You could of calculated your fabric exact for your pattern. 2" could make a big difference.

The overcharge on the shipping could be handling charge, but I would be checking with them to make sure that was what it was.

I would be very upset if this happened to me.

Quilterfay

mjsylvstr 09-23-2011 08:17 AM

the more I read of this thread, it seems possible that one of their cutters does not know yardage....
and seems that's the one who cut your order.

some manager better check their cutters and their mathematical achievements......

or they will be receiving lots more complaints.

materialgrl 09-23-2011 08:20 AM

Ditto the above. Please let us know the outcome

EagarBeez 09-23-2011 08:33 AM

I would let them know and also find out how you can return the shortages and have the correct yardage sent

AngelinaMaria 09-23-2011 09:46 AM

Okay, just got off the phone with the fabric store again and got a good resolution. I looked at the website shipping policy and they actually say "we do not add any fees for handling" so I knew I was entitled to the shipping refund of $4.95.

They offered to recut the items and send to me then have me send back my short yards (she didn't say if they would send me a prepaid envelope or not) or give me a credit. If I was okay keeping the short yards, they felt I should only be charged 7/8 yard for those. That actually worked out in my favor as that equalled 1.25 yards for a credit. Since I didn't have a specific pattern in mind yet for those fabrics I took the credit. I will just have to make sure to mark them as not full yards so I don't plan something later that needs a full yard. Really, after you straighten the grain (on both sides), I will end up with 7/8 yard or so anyway.

I feel good about the outcome as it is a little in my favor but it wasn't unfair towards them either.

vivoaks 09-23-2011 09:56 AM

I would certainly be nice right up front. However, if they gave excuses, and didn't rectify the situation to your satisfaction, I'd just let them know that I was a member of this huge organization (the QB) and let them know I was telling everyone I knew about the problem.

Dena789 09-23-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria
Okay, just got off the phone with the fabric store again and got a good resolution.
(Bulk deleted)
I feel good about the outcome as it is a little in my favor but it wasn't unfair towards them either.

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved. Did they give you a reason why it happened in the first place?

kayluvs2quilt 09-23-2011 10:31 AM

I used to work in customer service. I would ABSOLUTELY let them know....Their business is at stake. Ask to speak to someone who can help you with problems with your order. If the person on the other end says a manager is not there then request a manager call you back - next step send an email - if you get no response let us know on this board who it was. I don't want to order from them. Also have in mind what YOU WANT to fix this problem. That helps in any negotiations.

Glad you got it worked out.........Saw your response after I sent my answer.