Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Sew Every Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-sew-every-day-t54318.html)

ann clare 07-13-2010 01:42 PM

How often do you sew? I sew on average 5 days a week for 1 - 2 hours.

katier825 07-13-2010 01:46 PM

I wish I could! Mainly on the weekends. Sometimes on my Friday's off (every other). Rarely during the week. But I think about it constantly...does that count??? LOL

cjtinkle 07-13-2010 01:49 PM

Probably 5 days a week, 4-5 hours a day or more. :mrgreen:

JanieW 07-13-2010 01:51 PM

I made myself a promise in January that I would do at least 15 minutes each day that was quilt related. it could be cutting, piecing, sewing, or whatever. It sounds weird, but 15 minutes is a small enough amount of time that it's doable.

So when I go for my 15 minutes, it usually warps into a couple of hours. When life happens, I can still keep my promise as 15 minutes isn't much, but it does add up.

It's a method that's working for me. I have gotten a lot done since January.

mygirl66 07-13-2010 02:00 PM

HHMMMMM for awhile, I was sewing everyday for at least 1 hour, then a little too much of life happened, and Im back down to about 1 hour a week, which makes me unhappy. DH has 2 meetings out of town Wed& Thurs, I am going with him, so I am taking some applique with me, just to make me feel better. I really feel left of center if I dont sew everyday! :shock:

Ellie'sNana 07-13-2010 02:10 PM

I wish I could. I steal time away about once a week. Maybe if I was more organized with my time I could do more. I need to work on this!

littlehud 07-13-2010 02:11 PM

I have four days a weeks off work so I get to sew a few hours on those days.

Judie 07-13-2010 02:14 PM

I want to sew every day.. and I'd much rather sew than clean house.. or watch that stupid one-eyed monster in the front room..

but then my little DGD calls me and asks in her tiny voice if she can come see me.. and I say yes, because she is even more fun than sewing!! I love those grandbabies!!

oldhag 07-13-2010 02:15 PM

I work full time shift work so I have a routine. On my first day off I clean up my sewing area and put everything back where it belongs. On my second day off I prepare something so that it is set up beside my sewing machine/s. It could be a simple pair of jammie bottoms for the grand kids or a quilt to piece. My machine/s are then threaded with the appropriate thread, needle etc and a sticky note is placed on the machine/s about the information and project. On the days/nights or evenings I am working, I set aside a "coffee break" and just pick up and sew as everything is all set for me. It could be just 10 minutes or it could turn into an hour depending on the day but I do sew everyday. It is my destressing time and I need it!!!!!

mswordwiz 07-13-2010 02:16 PM

Daily, its my sanity...