Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Sew Every Day

How often do you sew? I sew on average 5 days a week for 1 - 2 hours.

Blog Entries
    I wish I could! Mainly on the weekends. Sometimes on my Friday's off (every other). Rarely during the week. But I think about it constantly...does that count??? LOL

Banned
    Probably 5 days a week, 4-5 hours a day or more. :mrgreen:

I made myself a promise in January that I would do at least 15 minutes each day that was quilt related. it could be cutting, piecing, sewing, or whatever. It sounds weird, but 15 minutes is a small enough amount of time that it's doable.

So when I go for my 15 minutes, it usually warps into a couple of hours. When life happens, I can still keep my promise as 15 minutes isn't much, but it does add up.

It's a method that's working for me. I have gotten a lot done since January.

HHMMMMM for awhile, I was sewing everyday for at least 1 hour, then a little too much of life happened, and Im back down to about 1 hour a week, which makes me unhappy. DH has 2 meetings out of town Wed& Thurs, I am going with him, so I am taking some applique with me, just to make me feel better. I really feel left of center if I dont sew everyday! :shock:

Blog Entries
    I wish I could. I steal time away about once a week. Maybe if I was more organized with my time I could do more. I need to work on this!

I have four days a weeks off work so I get to sew a few hours on those days.

Blog Entries
    I want to sew every day.. and I'd much rather sew than clean house.. or watch that stupid one-eyed monster in the front room..

but then my little DGD calls me and asks in her tiny voice if she can come see me.. and I say yes, because she is even more fun than sewing!! I love those grandbabies!!

I work full time shift work so I have a routine. On my first day off I clean up my sewing area and put everything back where it belongs. On my second day off I prepare something so that it is set up beside my sewing machine/s. It could be a simple pair of jammie bottoms for the grand kids or a quilt to piece. My machine/s are then threaded with the appropriate thread, needle etc and a sticky note is placed on the machine/s about the information and project. On the days/nights or evenings I am working, I set aside a "coffee break" and just pick up and sew as everything is all set for me. It could be just 10 minutes or it could turn into an hour depending on the day but I do sew everyday. It is my destressing time and I need it!!!!!

Banned
    Daily, its my sanity...

Wish I could, some weeks, not at all others I can get it 3-4 day a couple of hours worth.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Mostly on the weekends, though I spend more time on the board than sewing. LOL. I am trying to get organized enough to do some sewing at night after I get home from work.

At least 4-5 days a week for about an hour. Sometimes I get "in the zone" and many hours will pass before I even realize it.

Mostly on weekends, not very often through the week becasue of work. But, I usually spend 10 to 12 hours in my sewing room on a Saturday, depending on what Ive got to do of course. I try to get the machining part done, so I can hand sew binding in front of the TV during the week, but that doesnt happen very often!

I'm at the sewing machine almost every day. I stay home with my kids and while they have their "free" time to play games or watch movies, I'm stitchin' away. I also have to be careful not get to carried away. My kids were quietly playing the other day and I realized 4 hrs had past.

Nope. Maybe once or twice a week usually. Too much life.

Blog Entries
    I don't sew every day but I do spend a part of every day doing something quilt related -- planning, cutting, sorting, reading about quilting or just dreaming of the next project.

Blog Entries
    I have been doing a little more handwork than machine lately.
    But I do something quilt related almost every day :D:D:D

I usually sew at least a little every day. These last few weeks I haven't been motivated to sew at all.
    Maybe when the weather cools off I'll feel like sewing again. :)

Blog Entries
    Daily

I usually sew every day but since I found this board I spend more time on here than I do sewing and I am retired.

I try to sew every day unless my Fibro decides it doesn't want me too(which happens alot)11

Hello Ann Care

I sew every day, until 6pm, except for forced breaks - eating, visitors, phone calls. When not swing I'm plotting and scheming the next project :roll: :lol: Retirement gives one that privilege When working full time for 28 years I kntited in buses, on trains, in cinemas, and evenings - wouldn't know how to sit still I must be a workaholic :lol:

Blog Entries
    Wow I was just thinking of asking the same question of the quilters here..."do you sew every day".

I've been thinking and doing so many things quilt related that some tasks around the house are falling behind.

So my *new frame of mind* is to 'get things done quickly' so I can 'quilt without guilt' later in the day (or on my day off).

I like OLDHAG's idea of getting organized so when we have 15 or 30 or 60 minutes to sneak in some quilt time...we can do it easily.

Guess like everything else in life -
    You'll never FIND TIME for _______ (fill in the blank)
    You have to MAKE TIME for _______ (fill in blank)

I usually sewing between 5 and 6 days a week.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast