Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you shop at Connecting Threads? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-shop-connecting-threads-t203032.html)

ragquilter 10-12-2012 12:38 PM

I like CT. I use their thread, I buy when they have 40% off sales. I really like their thread collections, it is a good way to get a thread stash with lots of colors. It is linty but I have always cleaned my bobbin area every time I change the bobbin (taught that by grandma). Their kits are good with plenty of fabric and they have good clearance prices. I have never had any problems with orders and they ship quick.

GypsyRse1 10-12-2012 01:16 PM

Good thread, good fabric, great customer service..... and a group of us combine our orders for free shipping.

Jackie Spencer 10-12-2012 01:44 PM

I love their thread, use it for piecing and machine quilting. I have a Bernina and have never had a problem. I clean my bobbin and under the stitch plate everytime I have to rewind my bobbin though, no matter what thread I use.

HouseDragon 10-12-2012 02:55 PM

I've lost track of the number of times I've ordered from CT. Every order has been correct and has arrived very quickly.

My Husqvarna 875 Quilt loves their thread. Yes, slightly linty, but since I clean the bobbin area every time I wind a new bobbin, it isn't a problem.

I find their fabric to be high quality and I always stock up during their sales. Almost every FQ package has had an extra "short" FQ included.

We don't qualify for free shipping here in Hawai`i but I've never been charged more than the minimum ($7.50) no matter how large the order.

They also have a nice board. Not as active as this one (Is there a more active quilting board anywhere? Not to my knowledge.) but the members are just as nice as the members on this board. And that counts a lot.
:)

ckcowl 10-12-2012 04:16 PM

been shopping with them for a couple years- no complaints-
the fabrics are ok, i like the threads; i use the cotton threads for piecing sometimes & for bobbins- i use the poly machine quilting threads and my machine loves them- no lint- nice thread-
i use the silk threads for applique-and love it.
i also buy batting on sale from them-
free shipping at $50= i can always meet that
never had any issues with orders, customer service, or inferior products.

BellaBoo 10-12-2012 04:21 PM

I get a package from CT at least once a month! I ordered several Hobbs batting today (on sale). So far I haven't had a problem with customer service at all.

alberta quilter 10-12-2012 05:17 PM

Wow! I posted this this morning and didn't check all day. Thanks so much for 26 helpful replies! I am impressed!

alberta quilter 10-12-2012 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by crideout (Post 5580370)
I have bought their Essential Pro thread for my Janome 1600P-DB. My Janome is really picky about thread but it loves the Essential Pro. So whatever makes the machine happy, makes me happy. It is linty but cleaning the machine is not a big deal. I have also used their regular thread for piecing. It is strong, works well and looks good. What more could you ask for.

Thanks so much for this advice. My machine is a Janome 1600P-QC. I will definitely try the Essential Pro first.

QuiltingKrazy 10-12-2012 05:28 PM

I personally LOVE Connecting Threads! My co-worker does too! So we try to combined orders and save on shipping.
I use their threads all the time. May not be the best you can buy, but for the price it works great for me for everything. I love their fabrics especially the Mirages for blenders.

susie-susie-susie 10-12-2012 05:39 PM

I have ordered from CT many times and have been happy with the fabric each time. Their batiks are great and I have ordered many combinations for 2-3 quilts. You can hardly beat the prices. I also love their thread and stock up when it is on sale. It certainly lasts a long time. It is a little more linty that other threads but I don't have a problem cleaning the bobbin area often--it is a habit from long ago.
Sue