Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-use-check-lists-when-you-go-quilting-retreat-sew-days-your-quilting-friends-so-you-dont-forget-anything-t106753.html)

peabee 03-12-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by mommaB
Oh man..ever since I turned 50 I make lists for everything :lol: :lol: :lol: Every trip to the store, every trip anywhere!! What chores need done. What needs done at work, weekly menus, projects, etc. So far I haven't had to make a list of what lists to make :shock: :lol:

that would be me 2!!

justlooking 03-12-2011 04:10 AM

I try to keep a separate bag to travel with. Need to add a few items from time to time. I always have a bag, you never know when you'll need it. I take a bag along to GD's practices.

newfiegirl 03-12-2011 05:15 AM

I usually make a list of things I need for all occasions, even a "to do" list when I go out since I try to set a day aside for errands (save on gas) and a "trip" list along with my needed documents, trip itinerary, etc. kept in a folder for each trip. I keep all my lists on my computer so I can update as needed. Love the Excel program since I can sort the list by item, store, store location, notes, etc. Keeps me from wandering all over the store and then still not getting something because I don't want to make the trip to the back of the store again. I have a daughter I think tops all - she makes a list of all the lists she has to make. Does anyone else do that?

gmaybee 03-12-2011 05:46 AM

Thanks Craftybear and everyone who has posted their lists. I'm such a list writer. I have doubles and have things ready to go, but still write a list of extras. (can't forget the snacks) I have a camping list on my computer I print off everytime we camp. Makes it easy to go down the list, pack and mark it off. Never thought to have one for my quilting/sewing things. I'll be working on that this weekend. Isn't it great all the ideas everyone shares on this board.

dewie45 03-12-2011 05:47 AM

We came down to Clifty Falls Inn for a couple of days. There were at least a hundred women here for a retreat and if I had just seen your post a little sooner I could have done a survey.;) They were so busy unloading I only got to speak briefly to a couple of them. I needed to get down town to Margie's Country Store(and quilt shop) before they were all ready to shop.hehe Margie's isn't very big but there is a lot of fabric packed in. I was fairly restrained, only bought half price fabric.:)

carrot 03-12-2011 06:29 AM

nightlight...........

quilter41 03-12-2011 06:35 AM

I have a second set of tools and a case I keep them in that has lots of pockets to hold all my important tools & supplies. Did this when I use to go to Lynette Jensen's retreat in MN. every year. Sad that they are no longer held. This Fall I am going to MO. for a retreat with muy online Yahoo Group. We have all been friends since 2003. Woohoo I get to see my Canadian friend.

skjack 03-12-2011 07:23 AM

I have a traveling case for taking to classes and retreats. I have second set of tools and rulers,etc that stay in this case. I use the clear stackable snap together plastic bins and stack three of them. Can buy them at Joann's and target. I have a list that I compiled from our guild that I use to pack other stuff and make sure it is all packed to come home. I have a sewing machine that travels that is in a wheel tote which hold an seat cushion,ironing mat, rotating cutting mat, iron, and surger protector power bar with long cord. Just grab project, tool case and sewing tote and I am ready to go...

OneMoreQuilt 03-12-2011 07:29 AM

What a great idea Crafty Bear....I'd like to add; portable design wall, sticky notes (what did I ever do without them?), chocolate, and coffee mug with tight fitting lid.

Can't wait to see the finished list!

OneMoreQuilt 03-12-2011 07:35 AM

Oh...and please put presentable PJ's on the list. I always forget PJ's!!!