Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does anyone else have quilters ADD? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-quilters-add-t49537.html)

CarrieAnne 06-13-2010 05:52 PM

Me too!

kay carlson 06-13-2010 05:56 PM

I, too, have more than one thing going at a time. Even then, I have ideas streaming through my head. Right now, I am trying to finish up "work in progress" as I start another project.

If I never finish all my WIP's or use all my stash, I've told my husband not to fret. I use this hobby to keep my sanity. It is worth every cent invested and every hour I relax.

luv-e 06-13-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
No, love, it sounds like a creative mind :D
But yes, I also have quilting ADD. Not so sure about my creativity level though lol

Sue said it best CREATIVE MINDS. There is nothing wrong with that. It's when we procrastinate, then we have a problem lol lol lol

I go To The Sea To Breathe 06-13-2010 06:00 PM

I was on the other side of the state Friday and wanted to check and see if their walmart had fabric still. Saw this beautiful fabric with large roses . I just loved it, and said I know I have seen that fabric used somewhere I have been. Got home earlier this evening and was sitting at my dinning room table and I looked up at my new curtain I made last week to use just to brighten things up for the summer. You guessed it. I had made them out of that same fabric and I had even purchased the fabric at our local wal mart. I did find out I have very high blood pressure and my thryoid is under working and they started me on new meds. Do you think I am safe to be around people or just losing it?

franie 06-13-2010 06:00 PM

I am with you and yes!

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
ADD, OCD, UFO, WIP..............

Merrilin 06-13-2010 06:03 PM

Me too. I think I have 5 UFO's and a couple of WIP's too.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-13-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I was on the other side of the state Friday and wanted to check and see if their walmart had fabric still. Saw this beautiful fabric with large roses . I just loved it, and said I know I have seen that fabric used somewhere I have been. Got home earlier this evening and was sitting at my dinning room table and I looked up at my new curtain I made last week to use just to brighten things up for the summer. You guessed it. I had made them out of that same fabric and I had even purchased the fabric at our local wal mart. I did find out I have very high blood pressure and my thryoid is under working and they started me on new meds. Do you think I am safe to be around people or just losing it?

OMG that's the laugh of the WEEK!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thismomquilts 06-13-2010 06:06 PM

Ok, here's my theory - when my oldest was younger and we were homeschooling she would flit from one creative thing to another - she would embellish things, etc. I was told it's a sign of a genius mind - yep, I'm going with that....

pstoner 06-13-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by tortoisethreads
I found myself at the sewing machine a lot today, yet I kept walking away from quilt blocks to making things like pin cushions? I do this a lot. Sometimes I start a new quilt and then within' an hour or so, I whip out a quick skirt for myself! Hmm...strange. Is this disinterest or what?

Lets see, One on the frame-worked on it for two hours today, cut my next project on the Accuquilt, finished DGD cross stitch quilt, and bound it, finished second DGD birth wall hanging, still working on the "Year of" for second DGD book. And am in the process of designing DGS quilt.

Yep, that's what I got. Add that to my pattern illness...

DianD 06-13-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Ok, here's my theory - when my oldest was younger and we were homeschooling she would flit from one creative thing to another - she would embellish things, etc. I was told it's a sign of a genius mind - yep, I'm going with that....

I must be a genius, too!
My sister bought me a mug that says, "If I was organized, I'd be Dangerous!" Problem is that if I ever got everything completely organized, I'd just forget where I put it all!