Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-pfaff-quilt-expressions-4-2-idt-t254654.html)

RosaSharon 10-01-2014 07:27 PM

Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT?

I have searched the Internet for bobbins for my Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT. I think they have them on amazon.com, but there is no definitive label on them, and I hear that not all Pfaff bobbins fit my new machine. If anyone knows where I can buy these bobbins I would so appreciate your help. TIA

zzmom 10-01-2014 07:40 PM

I don't have your machine but I know Montavilla sewing centers sell Pfaff machines. I know there is a shop in Beaverton and Portland. They may be able to advise you and ship to you if you are not close to either of those stores. Good luck in your search!

Kitsie 10-02-2014 08:55 AM

I have to buy my bobbins there, too. Good excuse to wander through Fabric Depot at the Portland store. Maybe you could find them online?

Originally Posted by zzmom (Post 6911920)
I don't have your machine but I know Montavilla sewing centers sell Pfaff machines. I know there is a shop in Beaverton and Portland. They may be able to advise you and ship to you if you are not close to either of those stores. Good luck in your search!

ShelleyCS 10-02-2014 09:50 AM

I have the same machine and just ask for the bobbins at my LQS. They're multicolored and have the Pfaff name on them. Let me know if you can't find them and I will get them for you. Just pm me.

Knitette 10-02-2014 12:09 PM

As you'll see from this link, you need bobbins that will fit Pfaff 'J' type machines. You can also get pretty multicoloured 'Monet' ones - two different sets. Handy for organising different types of thread.

jeanharville 10-02-2014 05:11 PM

Be sure and get the ones that have Pfaff stamped on them. I have the light pink and the multicolored ones. [Warning: I ordered some from eBay that did fit, but they didn't have the hole on top and they don't work right.] I order mine from a Pfaff dealer close to me.

RosaSharon 10-02-2014 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by zzmom (Post 6911920)

:o
Thanks so much. I live close to Portland. I'll find it!

RosaSharon 10-02-2014 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS (Post 6912592)
I have the same machine and just ask for the bobbins at my LQS. They're multicolored and have the Pfaff name on them. Let me know if you can't find them and I will get them for you. Just pm me.

ShelleyCS, you are such a sweet-heart! Thank you very much. I will find that place in Portland for sure -- you won't have to send me any.

RosaSharon 10-02-2014 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6912753)
As you'll see from this link, you need bobbins that will fit Pfaff 'J' type machines. You can also get pretty multicoloured 'Monet' ones - two different sets. Handy for organising different types of thread.

Knitette, colored ones would be fun! Great link. Thanks, and also thanks for the information about the 'J' type machines. I didn't know that, and it would have been a great help when I was searching the Internet.

RosaSharon 10-02-2014 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville (Post 6913093)
Be sure and get the ones that have Pfaff stamped on them. I have the light pink and the multicolored ones. [Warning: I ordered some from eBay that did fit, but they didn't have the hole on top and they don't work right.] I order mine from a Pfaff dealer close to me.

jeanharville, I had heard this same thing when I read reviews on amazon.com, so this is why I have been so careful to find out first exactly what I need. Thanks so much for your information. Don't you just love your Pfaff!!!