Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT? >

Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT?

Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT?

Old 10-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Default Does anyone have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT?

I have searched the Internet for bobbins for my Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2 IDT. I think they have them on amazon.com, but there is no definitive label on them, and I hear that not all Pfaff bobbins fit my new machine. If anyone knows where I can buy these bobbins I would so appreciate your help. TIA
Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 PM

I don't have your machine but I know Montavilla sewing centers sell Pfaff machines. I know there is a shop in Beaverton and Portland. They may be able to advise you and ship to you if you are not close to either of those stores. Good luck in your search!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:55 AM

I have to buy my bobbins there, too. Good excuse to wander through Fabric Depot at the Portland store. Maybe you could find them online?

Originally Posted by zzmom View Post
I don't have your machine but I know Montavilla sewing centers sell Pfaff machines. I know there is a shop in Beaverton and Portland. They may be able to advise you and ship to you if you are not close to either of those stores. Good luck in your search!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 AM

I have the same machine and just ask for the bobbins at my LQS. They're multicolored and have the Pfaff name on them. Let me know if you can't find them and I will get them for you. Just pm me.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:09 PM

As you'll see from this link, you need bobbins that will fit Pfaff 'J' type machines. You can also get pretty multicoloured 'Monet' ones - two different sets. Handy for organising different types of thread.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:11 PM

Be sure and get the ones that have Pfaff stamped on them. I have the light pink and the multicolored ones. [Warning: I ordered some from eBay that did fit, but they didn't have the hole on top and they don't work right.] I order mine from a Pfaff dealer close to me.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by zzmom View Post

Thanks so much. I live close to Portland. I'll find it!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS View Post
I have the same machine and just ask for the bobbins at my LQS. They're multicolored and have the Pfaff name on them. Let me know if you can't find them and I will get them for you. Just pm me.
ShelleyCS, you are such a sweet-heart! Thank you very much. I will find that place in Portland for sure -- you won't have to send me any.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
As you'll see from this link, you need bobbins that will fit Pfaff 'J' type machines. You can also get pretty multicoloured 'Monet' ones - two different sets. Handy for organising different types of thread.
Knitette, colored ones would be fun! Great link. Thanks, and also thanks for the information about the 'J' type machines. I didn't know that, and it would have been a great help when I was searching the Internet.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
Be sure and get the ones that have Pfaff stamped on them. I have the light pink and the multicolored ones. [Warning: I ordered some from eBay that did fit, but they didn't have the hole on top and they don't work right.] I order mine from a Pfaff dealer close to me.
jeanharville, I had heard this same thing when I read reviews on amazon.com, so this is why I have been so careful to find out first exactly what I need. Thanks so much for your information. Don't you just love your Pfaff!!!