Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-sewing-machine-tote-wheels-t194652.html)

alleyoop1 07-15-2012 10:16 AM

I have one that my DH bought for me for Christmas several years ago at my LQS. It's a Tuto brand and it is very strong. In fact, it can be used to sit on, if necessary (say, when traveling). Well worth the price.

Pam B 07-15-2012 10:28 AM

I have a wheeled case and I absolutely hate it! Wish I had never spent the money on it. I would feel differently, I am sure, if I needed to transport my machine a great distance but I only take classes at one particular store which has ample parking right outside the door. I have a hard cover case on my machine...I carry it by it's handle out of my house and sit in on the floor of the backseat of my car. Then when I get to class, I simply pick it up and carry it inside. I take my supplies for the class in either a tote bag or a basket. No problems at all. Seriously think about your needs before you buy. If you lived closer to me, I'd just give you mine. Right now it sits in the closet full of fabric scraps and has a bunch of stuff stacked on it. In fact, on my next Goodwill run, I am tempted to get rid of it.

Bella's Mom 07-15-2012 10:29 AM

I agree with the Criag's List but also check out your local Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. I see them alot at our local Goodwill ... usually under $20

I picked up a Viking Husquvarna sewing machine with a hard case for $19.99 at Goodwill and it sews beautifully - haven't event taken it in for a tune-up ... so the deals can be found!!

natalieg 07-15-2012 11:16 AM

I have an omniglide.
It is a hard-sided case, especially nice for retreat! They sell them at Joann Fabrics (online), overstock.com and several other online places.

Sheila_H 07-15-2012 11:59 AM

I'd suggest the same as kateyb my latest sale flyer from JoAnn's has a bunch of 50% off coupons. I do have one but mine came as a gift for buying my Bernina machine I have a regular carrying case with straps. Then the one on roller's with the pull up handle.

justflyingin 07-15-2012 12:37 PM

Could you use roll behind luggage the right shape?

CoyoteQuilts 07-15-2012 08:43 PM

I got mine at Tuesday Morning, but it was for my featherweight, so it was a smaller one for 20 bucks...

TanyaL 07-15-2012 11:42 PM

When I bought my serger last year it came with one. I have carrying cases for my embroidery machine but they don't have wheels. Too bad. Oh well.

Annaquilts 07-15-2012 11:48 PM

OK I have those Hemline ones but much prefer this soft walled ice chest one on wheels. I would second looking on craigslsit.

jeank 07-16-2012 04:04 AM

I dont use those big wheeled cases. My sewing room is upstairs and I would not be able to get it up and down the steps or lift it out of the car.

What I love is that I have a small folding handcart that I keep in the trunk. My machine has a hard cover, sits on a plastic tote with the supplies, I bungee it together and wheel into guild. Sometimes I will have a tote with handles that sits on top of the machine and bungee over it. Nicely contained.