Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone in your family not enjoy quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-your-family-not-enjoy-quilts-t140310.html)

darleneerickson 07-27-2011 06:46 PM

I have a cousin who tells me she can get it cheaper at K-Mart!!!! As if it would be the same!

Phannie1 07-27-2011 06:53 PM

My mother loved when I made her things.. exspecially quilts.. I made her a quilt with all the blocks with the names of the states she had lived in. I even designed two blocks because we lived in Bermuda and I could not find a block for Florida. It was 16 blocks. It was beautiful when it was done. She had the nerve to use it for a blanket! She wore it out, I was so glad she loved it but I wish she was a little more gentle with it. It is gone.

Shocked Quilter 07-27-2011 07:41 PM

I am so lucky..... everyone in the family loves to get their quilt. I use a fabric that is about their likes. I don't use a pattern either,, make up the design as I get the fabric. Tomorrow, I will be giving a quilt with horses on it for my SIL. will post it and the pillow and the pillow cases too. If someone really is not into quilts, that would be fine too. People decorate differently.

Tadpole 07-27-2011 08:15 PM

I too have a sister that thinks that only great things come from stores and it has to be expensive! But I have another one that loves anything I make for her! I think everyone has at lest one in the family. lol

madamekelly 07-27-2011 08:41 PM

My SIL's mother was one of my early quilt teachers. Her DGD are my nieces. Recently my nieces called and asked if I would make them quilts. How could I say no? One will be pink, orange, and yellow, and the other will be navy, green, and teal. I am exploring patterns at this time. Our family is about 50/50.

rona thickpenny 07-27-2011 10:06 PM

We are all different .I would hate some one to spend money on electronic gadgets for me sure as some one eles would love it . I would be dissapointed family did`nt wont quilts but would rather be told than spend time and money and have them rejected.I know its hard when you wont to give so generously , maybe when your sons have their own familys the day will come and what a joy that will be for you .

Marshalea 07-27-2011 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a dil who is not a quilt fan... that works fine.... she did decide that baby quilts for my grand daughter are the way to go and also loved the picnic quilt I made for them. sometimes it is just a lifestyle !

katigirl 07-27-2011 11:39 PM

yup, I think every family has at least one.

kaykwilts 07-28-2011 01:11 AM

Well, we all know that if there wasn't folks like this in the world, the sun wouldn't come up this morning :wink: :wink: (cause it takes all kinds!!)

Hang in there....and just make your quilts for the ones who would love to have them....and who knows, somebody who loves them gets one of your creations, ohs and ahs over it, and the sourpusses get jealous......and then want one!!

:wink: :wink:

Never know what could happen!!

sankay 07-28-2011 03:56 AM

Yes, my daughter. I wanted to make he a wall hanging and she told me not to bother. She is getting one anyway, I decided, after I got over the disappointment.