Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does a quilter have fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-quilter-have-fabric-t257476.html)

scrappingfaye58 11-29-2014 06:25 AM

I am in heaven when my friends give me scraps! I love the colors and prints that are usually vastly different than what is in my stash. Makes for exciting colorful quilts!

Jennie and Me 11-29-2014 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by scrappingfaye58 (Post 6987959)
I am in heaven when my friends give me scraps! I love the colors and prints that are usually vastly different than what is in my stash. Makes for exciting colorful quilts!

Oh, me too! When I first started this quilting adventure, I didn't like scrap quilts...now they are my favorite! Bring on the scraps!

quiltingbuddy 11-29-2014 09:08 AM

Scraps? What scraps? LoL

SuzzyQ 11-29-2014 10:05 AM

The most interesting thing - she couldn't take anything obviously Christmassy!

Seaside gal 11-30-2014 05:46 AM

I love fabric scraps. I will take any that anyone wants to give me. I will take them home and love and pet them.

And yet when I need just that certain scrap for a project, it will be the one that is hiding from me. They are magical, mischievous little things.

twinkie 11-30-2014 08:14 AM

I've found another good use for the scraps is to donate them to a nursing home. They can use them in a lot of different projects. Good for you.

MargeD 11-30-2014 10:05 AM

I'm glad you were able to help the school out, but if I were asked that question, my DS, DD and DH would eliminate half my stash, just because they think I have too much fabric; however, the kids never seem to run out of requests for me to make them something.

Mousie 11-30-2014 01:35 PM

boy are you smart to make sure you were there!
my dh would think he died and gone to heaven
to have free reign with giving out my stuff.
He tries to give away canning jars, coolers,...he
even took my 8' sewing/quilting table (with my permission)
to his sister's once, but came back empty handed.
I sent him over an hour's drive the very next day to bring
it back home!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
(his logic was he wouldn't have to take it down there next
time they had a get together.)
My new logic: YOU'LL NEVER TAKE IT AGAIN! :thumbdown:
Good for you, sharing with a teacher.
Sounds like she is going to teach the kids how to make a
quilt. yippee! :)

cashs_mom 11-30-2014 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SuzzyQ (Post 6988211)
The most interesting thing - she couldn't take anything obviously Christmassy!

The school is probably one of those that do not celebrate Christmas anymore for fear of offending people. I think that's really sad for the kids.

Stitchit123 11-30-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyB (Post 6987717)
Scraps seem to multiply. In addition to my own scraps, my friends dump (er a, give) their scraps to me. How nice to have a good project for them.

My son has helped me move the last 2 times and he said ''Seems like the scraps totes have multiplied--maybe I should talk to them about the birds and bee's. Oh yea that will stop scraps from multiplying LOL