Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your DH help you in your sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-dh-help-you-your-sewing-room-t101587.html)

jeanneb52 02-22-2011 03:40 PM

He is allowed in, unsupervised, ONLY to empty the garbage. If left alone, anywhere, he is a "fiddler". Touch, move, shift, fiddling with things that are none of his concern. A very big four year old. My daughters call him "the little brother we never had". Gotta love him though, he is fast to fix or remodel things for me.

jljack 02-22-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bettysew
My DH is always helping me. I have RA and he is there to do anything I need. He is always interested in my quilts and fabric and even buys some for me and looks for quilt shops when we are traveling. He has made 1 baby quilt(without any help) and has bought fabric for another. I am indeed a lucky girl.

Sounds like my DH!! He's helpful, and he also is a quilter, so always has his own opinion on what I am working on!! We have spent many many many hours sewing together in the sewing room..he on his machine and me on mine. We have one short arm machine on a frame, and he knows how to quilt his own quilt, too. The worst part is that when we go fabric shopping we both show up at the cutting table with way more fabric than we need, and the bill can be much bigger than we expected! :-) Then when we get home it's a problem to find storage space for all the new fabric....but it's fun, too. We enjoy working together on quilts...but that's about the only thing we can work together on. Anything else he gets too impatient with me!! So I let him do home DIYs himself..saves a fight!! :-)

Treasureit 02-22-2011 04:09 PM

That is a cherished moment...maybe he will get on the machine next time.

TexasSunshine 02-22-2011 04:10 PM

My DH is a big help. He built my sewing room, made me a design wall, large ironing board, helps with heavy stuff, services my machines and takes me wherever I want to go to look at fabric or quilt shows. He set up and figured out how to operate the used longarm Voyager 17 we just bought.

SandraG 02-22-2011 04:13 PM

My husband helps a little when I am "torn" on picking colors. Otherwise, he just sticks his head in my sewing room and says "what ya doing?". My sewing room is so messy and small, there's really no room for two.

sew-many-things 02-22-2011 04:32 PM

Yes, he keeps the floor vacuumed, empties the trash, calls me when lunch is ready, calls me when dinner is ready, and reminds me when it's time for my favorite TV shows are on.
Also, checks to see if I'm still breathing.

pojeda 02-22-2011 04:33 PM

You are very lucky to have a husband that wants to help. He is definitely a keeper!

mjsylvstr 02-22-2011 05:37 PM

Only if I ask..........

donnalynett 02-22-2011 05:47 PM

He has no interest in my sewing room, therefore the new flooring is still stacked in there in my way and the rolls of underlayment is in my way in my fabric room.

butterflies5518 02-22-2011 06:23 PM

Yes, mine is an enabler, shops with me and adds to the cart, stands in line to get fabric cut while I still wander and irons my strips and when I do fleece quilts he doles the tying. I even put a reading chair and lamp so he can visit me.