Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Doing good in one area but not in another (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/doing-good-one-area-but-not-another-t95596.html)

karensue 01-31-2011 03:50 PM

Oh my I thought I was the only one that had a pain in the neck at times pet. Everytime I go to the bathroom my dogs (2 Havanese) think that they have to go outside. There are times that I actually "sneak" to the upstairs master bath and close both the doors so they won't know - and I'm 58 years old !?!

I am determined to start something tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

Karen

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Write yourself a list. Put down everything you have to do, then when it's done, cross it out. That will make you feel better, even if it is "run to the bathroom and shut the door before the dogs/cats try to get in with me" and then you can mark it off and feel good about yourself.

On second thought, knowing how fast my Koko the cat is, maybe you should just write down "run to the bathroom and shut the door on the cats/dogs when they run ahead of you and go have a candy bar."
Then you'll feel better after eating it and marking it off your list.

lots2do 01-31-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Write yourself a list. Put down everything you have to do, then when it's done, cross it out. That will make you feel better, even if it is "run to the bathroom and shut the door before the dogs/cats try to get in with me" and then you can mark it off and feel good about yourself.

On second thought, knowing how fast my Koko the cat is, maybe you should just write down "run to the bathroom and shut the door on the cats/dogs when they run ahead of you and go have a candy bar."
Then you'll feel better after eating it and marking it off your list.

I love it!

nativetexan 01-31-2011 04:03 PM

I just looked at one of my oldest photo albums and found 16 tops still unfinished. 10 years ago!! now that's bad!!

irishrose 01-31-2011 04:53 PM

I have a Border Collie mix who thinks I don't know where the bathroom is. The minute I reach for the snaps on my jeans, she shows me the way.

Who needs a lap quilt, mug rug or a table runner? There must be someone whose life you can brighten with a handmade gift.

Buy a sun lamp. That's been one of my best purchases ever.

jeanequilts 01-31-2011 04:55 PM

I'm guilty!

nycbgirl 01-31-2011 10:13 PM

To get me wanting to sew I try to take 15 minutes a day and sew a block, sometimes I end up in my room for 2 hours and I get so much more done.

Michele elder 02-01-2011 04:16 AM

find a local charity that accepts quilts. giving does a lot for my spirits. I always get more in return!! Hugs and love go along way to make a soul warm! Finish a project and donate it. then perhaps your creativity will get a well earned lift. God bless and remember Jesus Loves you!

pocoellie 02-01-2011 04:54 AM

Just sew or quilt for 10-15 minutes,set the time, then go something else, next day the same thing and pretty soon you'll be in the groove again and if you work on something small, you'll have a completed projects, maybe start with one of those "kits".

stitchinwitch 02-01-2011 04:54 AM

yep, yep. yep

pumpkinpatchquilter 02-01-2011 05:28 AM

Oh are you going to the Expo in Cleveland? I'm going too - also to the vedor weekend at the quilt show at Lake Farmpark in Kirtland. So I'm saving my moolah too. ;)

My problem is I have so many UFO's sitting around that I feel too guilty to start anything new. I've got about a dozen tops that are just waiting to be quilted and probably twice as many unfinished tops waiting for me to find my motivation. ;)