Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   From Don-isewman--?? for anyone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/don-isewman-anyone-t226144.html)

isewman 07-19-2013 04:47 PM

From Don-isewman--?? for anyone

Besides the quilting board quilt group. Do any of yous belong to another on line/internet group. And what are the names of the groups you's belong too. I may be interested in joining another group. Don-isewman

Lori S 07-19-2013 05:24 PM

I hope this would be an additional group and your not considering leaving/dropping this one. I really look forward to your quilt photos.

mighty 07-19-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6186019)
I hope this would be an additional group and your not considering leaving/dropping this one. I really look forward to your quilt photos.

Ditto that!!!!

slicksister 07-19-2013 06:00 PM

I love Threadbias. It is mostly quilting but there are lots of other kinds of sewing on it as well. It had contests and swaps and the like there too. I love it because most of the people are fairly modern quilters. Lots of younger women/quilters
(and a couple of guys too.)

watson's mom 07-19-2013 07:29 PM

I also belong to a group called 'Quilt with Us' Just joined recently but I really like it. And of course we all like 'Pinterest'
Hope you aren't leaving us, I look forward to reading all your posts.

soccertxi 07-19-2013 09:18 PM

I love Machine Quilters Resource. I can get ideas from other machine quilters. I thought it was only quilters who quilted on a track mounted frame, but I was wrong. We have quilters on there that use their DSMs also. It sure is nice to have some place that when you post a picture of a quilt you are stumped on, in about an hour or so , you have lots of ideas! They really come thru in a pinch.

www.mqresource.com

COYOTEMAGIC 07-19-2013 09:49 PM

Only one other quilting group---Lib-Quilters. I like to look at the pictures for inspiration! I also belong to several Freecycle groups in my area and a Service Dog group.

ckcowl 07-20-2013 12:17 AM

I also am a member of the Quilt & Needle forum and Pattern Pastiche which is a free group through the Quilt Pattern Magazine (TQPM) which is an on line quilt magazine I have subscribed to since their beginning- the Quilt & Needle group is the one I belonged to first- the longest- they have a couple groups/ swaps/programs I love to participate in every year- although I've not been very active there in a while. Pattern Pastiche I stay more involved with - love the magazine & always find a new group-project to get involved with ... many years ago I was also a member of the HGTV quilt forum- that one is HUGE...I have not visit there in years- don't even remember why- just moved on I guess.

Reb 07-20-2013 01:04 AM

I joined Yahoo Groups for their Bernina groups. Can't recommend them. I closed my account and closed my Yahoo account. (Although they keep my information for 18 months! And, not for me to resign up either! They just keep it.) I thought the groups went off topic too often as if they did not have a moderator. When I joined they also were having a problem with a computer virus somehow on one of the groups. They also had a difficult way to handle pictures. They weren't in the post itself you had to go to the quilter's "photo album". Then I found Quilting Board! Yeah! Great people here and we talk about quilting! So there's my word of caution. : ) Good luck!

Joset 07-20-2013 04:20 AM

i am only on this board if i was on another one i wouldnt get anything done ha ha .